SAY A PRAYER

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Re: SAY A PRAYER

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Thank you everyone, you are all so supportive, I knew I could express my fears and bewilderment here and be comforted.

Libby is back home tonight, she's had no repeat attacks since and nothing has shown on any of the tests she had done, she has a chest infection which she has antibiotics for. She most miffed she can't remember that exciting ride in the ambulance sirens blaring which took us in rush hour 10 miles in approx 10 minutes which would normally take 1 hour at that time of day. She can remember her foot stiffening up and her hands stiffening on the door handle, she said it was like someone else taking over her body, she remembers falling to the floor and nothing else until she woke in hospital many hours later. It was frightening for her to recall but we've been very matter of fact about it and told her that it does happen sometimes to some children and she was never in any danger because Mummy knew exactly what to do, the doctors don't think it will ever happen again but if it does it can be dealt with, she's in no danger.

I have to applaud our ambulance service who made sure Mummy knew what to do, strangely although I have no first aid training I must have assessed what was happening, breathing, no obstruction etc. The ambulance men once the arrived were great, three of them, one distracted Joe by talking to him about his cars whilst his colleagues dealt with Libby. He was one worried little boy though.

Children calm down so quickly and take everything in their stride, Chris and I feel shellshocked, Libby is going to be watched so closely.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Oh, thank God Libby is home. I know you and Chris and even Joe will watch over your little girl so well, she's probably much better off at home with you than in the hospital. Thank you so much for sharing this news here. I am so glad that you'll all be together tonight and, I hope, every night.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I am so glad to hear Libby is home and Joe is doing better. My love to all of you, and I am quite sure she will be fine and is happy to be in your capable hands. Joe will be OK quicker than you think. It will take time to stop worrying, but I feel very sure she is going to be alright.

If you need anything let me know. I am the type to lose it after a situation is over and has been handled, if you are too just PM if you need somewhere to vent.
charliechaplinfan

Thanks Moira. Things like this bring a family unit like ours even closer, the kids know we love them, more than words could say, this is a chance to show them. I got them both a little present today for their bravery. The kids look at us with so much trust in their eyes, knowing that you have all the answers and nothing will go wrongand that they are safe when we're around. I remember feeling that way about my father and I could see that in their eyes when I'm explaining what happened to them that they feel the same way. All the time I was conscious not to show any panic when the fit started happening but inside I was jelly.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

This is answered prayer for sure! I know you are shaken, but it sounds like you came thru it so very very well. I can hear Joe now, telling one and all about his sister..I'll bet Libby is miffed about not remembering the ambulance, but with enough tellings, she will think she does. Children are amazing, and when they are loved as yours are, they are joys to behold.

Bless you all

Nancy
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

I'm doing a happy dance now! :D

Prayers answered for Libby and a friend of mine's Mom who had serious surgery this morning for an aneurism
in her abdomen. She is elderly and there were other issues that made the surgery dangerous, but they
cleared those up and she'll be home for Christmas!

Welcome home Libby!
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
feaito

Post by feaito »

I'm so very happy to read that Libby is back at home!! All my best Alison.
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

Allison my dear, My wife Rita and I are prayng for complete healing. God is always on your side.
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Allison,

It's wonderful news that Libby is back home and doing well. You are a terrific mother and should never feel otherwise. You acted wisely on the spur of a moment when every moment counted.

Libby is lucky to have such a mother and we are lucky to have you as a member of our community.

Continued prayers for her speedy recovery and yours!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

charliechaplinfan

Most things have something to smile about. My mother is on crutches and my Dad was on his way here, unaware of what was happening, he was calling to take Libby to school as Joe was staying home with me because he had a sore throat and a bit of a temperature. So whilst I'm on the phone to the ambulance and talking to Libby at the same time trying to rouse her Joe takes it upon himself to ring Gradma on the other phone. The conversation went like this, very excitedly

'Grandma, guess what? We're getting an ambulance'

My mother, waking up

'What, what's going on' and hearing me in the back ground 'Let me talk to Mummy'

'I've got a sore throat Grandma'

'Why are you getting an ambulance, Joe? Put me on to Mummy'

'I've got a sore throat and I'm not going to school and AN AMBULANCE IS COMING. Bye Grandma'

I don't think Mum has woken up so quickly in her life but she lives across town and can't drive and can't get downstairs very quickly. For ten minutes she had no idea what was going on because the phone was then engaged. Poor Mum but it shows that Joe was more interested in the ambulance at the time, only after we'd gone in the ambulance did he get worried.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

oh, my gosh! Is it wrong to laugh? :D Poor Mum.
charliechaplinfan

Joe is the joker amongst us, the one who gets carried away with the moment. Bless him, the ambulance man was great with him, asking him about cars to divert from his sister lying in on the floor being treated. Mum is still huffy about it, truth is I couldn't have broken off from the paramedic on the telephone to explain to Mum what was going on.

Libby has been in to school today with me for her Xmas party, she's desperate to go tomorrow as it's the last day of term and only a half day, so I said yes, the doctor said it would be fine and I think return to normality will be the best medicine.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Your mum will get over it - she must know that you could not break off your phone call to assuage her fears. Her discomfort with the situation will pass, but you needed to be right where you were at that moment.

It sounds like school might be the best thing for both of you. Did you say you were going to be there as well? That's a good thing, you deserve a little relaxation.

Alice had a party at school today too, and was so excited to get there (they get to wear their pyjamas and have pizza) that she forgot she had band class - she left her flute sitting on the floor by the front door. First things first! Party!
klondike

Post by klondike »

I played the flute , my last couple years in high school!
At least, until the day I got tossed out of band practice for interrupting a Brandenberg concerto with my impromptu rendition of Jethro Tull's "Living in the Past"; the old bird flunked me, but it got me a date with the cute saxophonist who'd sat behind me - she thought I was some kind of a rebel, I guess.
Wish I could still play now, or summon the discipline to re-learn it all. :|
Stay tough on Alice, Wendy, come the new year - she'll thank you for it later! :idea:
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Oh, I knew our Joe would come up with something, I just didn't expect it so quickly. What an adorable little imp he is, I'm sure Libby wouldn't agree, especially once he figures out he knows something she doesn't, her being 'asleep' while all the excitement was raging. Keep us posted on Libby and Joe and Mum and Chris and YOU!