SAY A PRAYER

Chit-chat, current events
mongoII

Re: SAY A PRAYER

Post by mongoII »

Alison, my uncle Carl use to take fits and it was a scary sight indeed. He eventually went on some medication that controlled his condition very well.
So glad to hear that your daughter is home and feeling well again.
Joseph Goodheart
klondike

Post by klondike »

Alison {how i love that name}, bless you; bless your strength; don't you dare count yourself short in all this - I'm a strong man, no question, but I don't kid myself one instant about where the real strength in my family comes from . .
Your kids are more important, more critical than ANYTHING else in the world, but take a moment to refuel, re-arm yourself, be ready to go forth again, as you need to, to put it all on the line all over again . . . and acknowledge, please, that you are a different, stronger Mom for all of this, and, whether or not you're ready, you are a being in evolution, and the Armies of Heaven, winged & otherwise, nod in your direction, recognizing the Grace your strength has bred.
Yeah, I'm rambling, but I still wish you only the best.
That's all.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Alison,
I have been off a few days with the flu but am throwing up some late prayers, anyway for Libby to be well and confident. It sounds like you handled it all like the amazing woman you are. God bless.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Birdy - you take care of yourself too! I'm sorry to hear you are down with the flu. yuck!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Klondike, thank you for your kind words, our family feels stronger for our experience . Alison is a Scottish name but there's not a drop of Scottish heritage that I know of, a equal amount of English and Irish blood.

Birdy, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Mongo, you'll know first hand how frightening it is.

Thank you everyone for your prayers, they've helped enormously.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
charliechaplinfan

Libby had a repeat seizure this morning, although this time it was different, instead of a full fit she had a seizure of the right hand side of her body, a slurring of speech although she didn't lose consciousness, I was at work, Chris was shopping, Libby was with my parents. The fact it is different is concerning the doctors and points to it being a more complicated explanation than a virus or temperature, it's caused by something in the brain, Libby was fine five minutes after it happened. So we've been all day at hospital. It doesn't feel like Christmas anymore, we still plan to go to church at 7pm for carols and the service, the start of Christmas, hopefully that will kick start Christmas.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh, Alison, I am sending out prayers for you and the doctors to find out what it is, and also to find a treatment that keeps Libby well.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Oh, Alison, I'm praying for all of you, and the doctors. May an answer and solution be found quickly. Everyone here is thinking of you, and praying for her recovery and well being.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Sorry to hear the latest news. Praying for you and the doctors that it is all figured out and put behind you.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I am so sorry to read that this has occurred. I am glad that Libby was with family members though. Please know that my prayers are with you and your whole family this Christmas.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
charliechaplinfan

Thank you everyone, it means a great deal.

We've just come back from midnight mass (celebrated at 8pm for the children) we've sung carols by candlelight and met with friends. For the kids this is the start of Christmas and a reason to be excited, for me, it brought the Christmas spirit and excitement back. Libby is bearing up well but is bothered that tomorrow will be ruined because she will fit again. I'm praying that tomorrow will be as normal as every year.

I wish everyone here all the best and great heartfelt thanks for being here for me and mine.
feaito

Post by feaito »

Dear Alison, I'm sorry to hear about Libby's seizure and I truly hope that she'll be all right from now on. I hope 2011 will be a much better year in terms of health for you and your wonderful family. I'll be thinking of you and sending you all my best vibes and wishes. Very sincerely, Fernando.
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Alison, we will continue to keep you in prayer.
Ann Harding

Post by Ann Harding »

Dear Alison, I hope the doctors can find out quickly the answer to Libby's problem. All my best wishes.
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

Dear Alison, best wishes for you and our family. Hoping for a speedy diagnosis and an even speedier recovery.
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS