The whiny thread

Chit-chat, current events
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: The whiny thread

Post by movieman1957 »

40 pages worth of whining. Yeah, we can whine.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
otterhere

Post by otterhere »

Naw; on second thought, you'd never believe my story... It's "made for Hollywood"... 8)
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Well, we like those kinds of stories, we watch enough of them :wink:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Alison -

I never come over here, mainly because when I first started at SSO, I didn't know anyone and I felt I was intruding.

Anyway, my heart goes out to you - I didn't want to ask you how everything was going before, but now I see you have been discussing health issues here all along. I am glad that Libby is getting treatment, and you have a hubby who is supportive. If I can help out in any way online, let me know.

Moira -

I loved the LIoserville video!t made me feel better about myself. I hope the car search is working out.
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

charliechaplinfan wrote:I've got my support group here :D
What I mean is a CFS support group. They would have the same illness, and might be able to offer suggestions
to help you feel better, and conserve your energy. :D
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
charliechaplinfan

I know you did Brenda :wink: My friend who has it really bad is a member of the British one, I'm not ready to go there, I don't know if I ever will. I'm not ready to talk to people who have had it for years, I don't know why, perhaps I don't want to dwell on it, perhaps as it goes on I might feel differently.

This is a great place to let off steam Wendy. I know you to be very supportive, just having people like you and other member around is worth so much to me.

Today I saw a therapist who work have put me in touch with, unfortunately a hour is not enough and we only scratched the surface, my next appointment is in 2 weeks time. He's pretty sure he can help me and feels that what has gone on with Libby's health has not helped me. He also made me feel better by saying that it's people who cope really well with the stressful times of lives that suffer from chronic fatigue. I've got to take compliments where I can get them.

One of the worst symptoms is what I call cotton wool head, that's why I haven't posted too much recently although I've been posting more lately. Cotton wool head is just watch it sounds, nothing there but cotton wool, certainly nothing I could cohesively put into words and make sense in a post, so at those times I just read the posts and try to come back later.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
klondike

Post by klondike »

Alison, I think I understand some of what you're speaking of; back in 2004, there were 2 or 3 mos. when my quarter-century of chronic hypoglycemia was 'brittling' out, reversing my pancreas' already abnormal hormone situation into adult-onset diabetes - and often that produced days, or at least big parts of days, when my sensory input and my intellect would 'dim-down', just seem to sort of fog-out. I couldn't seem to maintain a normal, on-going state of mind, and though I understood what was beeing said to me, and around me, I found it difficult to process the incoming information without a great deal of effort.
Once I was diagnosed, it didn't take long to get myself back on-track & "even-keeled" again, with the help of routine support meds & daily insulin injections . . but I remember very clearly that frightening feeling, a kind of 'disconnection with self', and how off-putting & insecure it made me feel!
charliechaplinfan

I got the formal diagnosis today confirming it. I've suffered low blood pressure in the past, that bring similar feelings. Brain fog, it's awful, it's like wading through treacle, the more you wade, the more you get stuck. I'm trying to keep life simple, I'm cutting down my commitments to helping at school. The doctor said it's usually the people that can cope in crisis who suffer from this, like when we got stuck in Spain last year for an extra week, it was me amongst a big group of tourists who started getting things started, it was me who stood up to the man who was being a big bully, all 6ft 4 of him to my small framed 5ft 3, I was helping the tour reps with their paper work at 2 o'clock in the morning so people could get home. Chris was getting clapped on the back and bought drinks because I stood up to the bully and helped with the communications. I have to say Chris would have stood up to him but he never threw his weight around with the men, just the women. I also run most of the fundraising for the school, that's on the backburner.

I've been tested for diabetes, anaemia, blood pressure and other things but everything is clear which I suppose is a good thing. Ah well, onwards and upwards.
otterhere

Post by otterhere »

I have all those symptoms and have to work full-time and care for my eldelry mother full-time. Do you guys get disability for that? Clue me in, hehehe.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Well, at least now you have a diagnosis .... and any doubters who might have been kind of jerky about it will know it's real. Maybe you can move forward with some kind of treatment and steps you can take to help relieve the symptoms.
charliechaplinfan

otterhere wrote:I have all those symptoms and have to work full-time and care for my eldelry mother full-time. Do you guys get disability for that? Clue me in, hehehe.
It's not just brain fog, it's an all crushing tiredness that is just so painful to work through. I literally have to either rest or sit it out until it passes, at the moment I'm finding I come round about 3pm for a couple of hours. Before that everything is hopeless. No disability payment, no.

That's true, Wendy, there's great comfort in knowing that it is a real illness and that I have fantastic healthcare to help me and hopefully, high spirits.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Thank goodness! I am so glad you have good coverage. I am thinking about you a lot, wish I could help out.

It seems like there are so many of these diseases around, environmental or something? I don't know, but it's very frustrating, because there are no real ways to deal with them yet. When I had my dizzy spells a while back, my husband thought I was nutty, till I almost dove into a wall one night on the way to the kitchen. I was lucky, though, there were things I could do at home, balance exercises and such which did help after a time. I found them on the internet.
otterhere

Post by otterhere »

And here I was going to whine about my ex-fiance who's living across the street from me with his first love from high school who ran away to Hollywood to become a star and then left her husband and child there to come back and shack up with him ACROSS THE STREET FROM ME while I care for my blind, ill 92-year-old mother and work full-time besides.

Doesn't really seem to fit in with this thread, but it would make a great movie!!! :D
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

otterhere - That's horrible!

You need to get a killer good-looking friend or a new boyfriend to come over to your house a few nights a week just to make HIM crazy. :D
otterhere

Post by otterhere »

Quite the "Hollywood story," isn't it? She's even on imbD, as is her hubby. Did I mention that the first thing she did was get a job WHERE I WORK??? You have to see the humor in life or else, well, you go nuts. TCM and beer has helped lots!

:lol:

I could pay an actor to play my killer boyfriend, and then we could fall in love for real; the plot thickens...