Household Hints

Chit-chat, current events
JackFavell

Re: Household Hints

Post by JackFavell »

Ha! I LOVE your screen name, Carolann! It's perfect! It took me a minute....

Thanks so much for posting and for the information. We don't get stink bugs, but we do get lots and lots of ladybugs.... I would never want to kill them though. At least I think they are ladybugs..... :shock:

I have trouble with slugs, I usually just pick them up off the sidewalk in the mornings when it's damp out, and throw them across the street into the woods. That hasn't been working too well. Don't touch them with my hands cause they are gross! The slime doesn't wash off, yuck! I will wrap them in a leaf and toss them. I think this year I will try some eggshells around my plants (it cuts them) or beer in shallow pans (they drown, but happily). Maybe some copper flashing, which apparently sets off an electric charge or something when they step on it.
klondike

Post by klondike »

JackFavell wrote: I have trouble with slugs, I usually just pick them up off the sidewalk in the mornings when it's damp out, and throw them across the street into the woods. That hasn't been working too well. Don't touch them with my hands cause they are gross! The slime doesn't wash off, yuck! I will wrap them in a leaf and toss them. I think this year I will try some eggshells around my plants (it cuts them) or beer in shallow pans (they drown, but happily). Maybe some copper flashing, which apparently sets off an electric charge or something when they step on it.
Hey, Wendy, you know that popular remedy that's suggested for jellyfish stings?
Welllll . .
It works great for instantly slaying & neutralizing slugs.
No fooling!
The heat - the salt - the ammonia - the pure, oinkin' fun of it all! It can be a simple act of love & caring from any happily married man, who cares about the woman in his life!
I'm serious --- back in my Puget Sound days, I'd rise before sun-up, bolt a big, fast cup o' joe, then stroll smugly out back & liberate the wife's entire flower garden.

IT ROCKED! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Ha Ha! That's too funny!

I'm afraid our neighbors are far too close for any slug neutralizing in that particular way.....they are only a few yards away, and early risers.

I tried to get Andrew to do that in the backyard when we had deer and woodchucks eating my roses, but he was too shy... I had to resort to Irish Spring shavings around the base of my plants. :D
TheBride

Post by TheBride »

Wendy, HI! The stink bug babies are orange and come in BIG swarms. Kill them all. Lady Bugs are our friends. They eat aphids, and they're red. Don't kill them. :>)

Hugs, Carolann
[i]Last night I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas I don't know.[/i]

Hugs, Carolann
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Got it!

Orange = bad

Red = good

and the pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle.....

:D :D :D :D
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

JackFavell wrote:Got it!

Orange = bad

Red = good

and the pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle.....

:D :D :D :D
no,no,no! The Chalice from the palace has the brew that is true!!!! Or is it
the flagon with the dragon????
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

The Chalice from the pestle has the ..... oh, never mind. :D
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Dad burn it! I wish I'd remembered this for the screwball comedy poll. this scene still makes me laugh hard and long...

[youtube][/youtube]

now back to our scheduled programming..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

knitwit45 wrote:Dad burn it! I wish I'd remembered this for the screwball comedy poll. this scene still makes me laugh hard and long...

[youtube][/youtube]

now back to our scheduled programming..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Knitwit45 - Thanks for jarring my memory - I will go into YouTube and watch - I love Danny Kaye in this movie!