Dead Reckoning

Garbomaniac

Dead Reckoning

Post by Garbomaniac »

Although I have heard many bash Scott's performance in this movie because her voice was dubbed and blah, blah, blah. I think it is one of the best Noir movies made. It is debatable that Mitchum's movies are better and Greer is hotter than Scott, but that is just a matter of taste. I have also read that many a guy would kill for Greer, but I think if I had the choice, I would kill for Scott.

I thought the chemistry between Scott and Bogart was electric. John Cromwell did a fine job of directing, even though I don't think he directed many Noir films, and I really liked Leo Tovar's cinematography, especially in the night club scenes.

Scott was hot! As femme fatals go, she went (the extra mile)!
feaito

Post by feaito »

I loved this film too Garbomaniac! In fact, I watched it twice when I bought the DVD. Great Noir. I think that sexy Lizabeth Scott talents have been unfairly bashed by some critics. She was superb!
Garbomaniac

Post by Garbomaniac »

That song she sang kept going through my head over and over after I saw the movie. I can't remember it now, but I can still see that sultry mouth forcing the tones out over those pouty lips! Wow! She was somethin'.

Oh, yes, now it comes back to me. "Either It's Love or It Isn't" (there's no in between!)
feaito

Post by feaito »

She was really something indeed! And I'm the lucky owner of a signed still of hers (thanks to the generosity of a friend of my parents' -she gave me as a gift a set of 21 vintage signed & dedicated stills when I was a teenager!)