Someone's having a birthday!

Chit-chat, current events
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: Someone's having a birthday!

Post by Lzcutter »

Do you like Lisa Eichorn? I hardly hear of her these days and I only really know her from Yanks and I love that film.
CCfan,

Mr. A, Dewey and I are all big fans of her. She made a film called Cutter's Way where she is heartbreaking as the wife of John Heard and the friend of Jeff Bridges. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

feaito

Post by feaito »

Happy Birthday Mr. Ark! :D

February is a very special month for me, because my belove wife's birthday is on Feb 29th... Pisces is a great Zodiac Sign!
klondike

Post by klondike »

I know I've always been seductively drawn to Piscean women!

[A fact I seldom state out loud, as Mrs. K was born in May, and is an Olympian marksman with a cast iron skillet!]
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I hope it was a happy one, Ark! Your pal, Annie Sheridan sent her best wishes...
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
feaito

Post by feaito »

klondike wrote:I know I've always been seductively drawn to Piscean women!

[A fact I seldom state out loud, as Mrs. K was born in May, and is an Olympian marksman with a cast iron skillet!]
You are a hoot Klondike...and as far as Piscean women are concerned, I agree! :D
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Lzcutter wrote:
Do you like Lisa Eichorn? I hardly hear of her these days and I only really know her from Yanks and I love that film.
CCfan,

Mr. A, Dewey and I are all big fans of her. She made a film called Cutter's Way where she is heartbreaking as the wife of John Heard and the friend of Jeff Bridges. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it!
I've just put it on my rental list, I so loved her in Yanks which was filmed around here. I don't find it that hard to appreciate Richard Gere in this movie either. I;m glad of the chance to see her in something else.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Happy Birthday to Da Judge, ChiO! Hope today is full of fun and laughter, great food, great friends, great movies!!!!
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

A big old Oakland-style HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the man of men!!
The unflappable, the unstoppable--ChiO!!
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

ChiO,

Happy Birthday from the City by the Bay where it is surprisingly sunny! But all is not sunny because you and Dewey (and the lovely wives) are not here to celebrate.

Hopefully, later this spring/summer we can correct that!

Happy Birthday!

Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You've made this great weekend -- my parents visiting from God's Country (Hoosierland) and surprise visitors from the East (Naomi, and she brought her parents) -- even better.

What a wonderful warm-up for the birthday of the Pisces of all Pisces on March 11. And thank you, LZ, for that glamor photo, and, Moira, for the joyous photo from...is it Convicts 4?
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Happy Birthday, ChiO! I hope you have a wonderful day!

I do believe you are an Orson Welles fan? When you have time, I thought you might like to listen to this version of The Queen of Spades - It's by far the best of the series, thanks to Welles' incredible performance - and that's coming from the number one Ralph Richardson fan! I hope you enjoy it. It's the first show on the list - at the right as you enter the link.

charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Happy birthday ChiO. Hope it's a good one :D
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
klondike

Post by klondike »

Wait, ChiO, I got somethin' for ya . .
. . . and with this gift, ya can forget all about that last game at Soldier Field !! :mrgreen:

[youtube][/youtube]
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

So....

Last night Mrs. ChiO is driving my parents and me to a surprise location in the 'burbs to meet the daughters and son-in-law for supper at 7pm. We arrive at a very nice Italian restaurant, the hostess takes us, opens a door and....

SURPRISE!!!! 130 adults plus children. My sister, brother-in-law, and their two 20-something sons had flown in from Atlanta. Friends from law school, Church and, of course, family. 3 Priests. A slide presentation and music playlist designed by the younger daughter. (I learned this morning that Mrs.ChiO had tried for the Shadows of Knight, but they were otherwise engaged -- how cool would that have been?). And speeches from the daughters that had this old man in tears.

All that was missing was you guys.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles