The whiny thread

Chit-chat, current events
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Re: The whiny thread

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

I was so sorry to hear about all your travails, Larry.
I want you to keep well, happy, and sassy. It sounds like you have too much fun planned for the future!

When are you going to start writing that book about all your escapades? You've just added two more episodes here.... :lol:

Blessings and prayers for your continued good health!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Sue2x, I've been gently prodding Larry for years to write a book. Just Grandmother Nell's stories would be a best-seller! :shock: :lol:
feaito

Post by feaito »

Larry, sorry to heart that. I hope that you will get well very soon!!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Not a major whine, something to laugh at in time. My beautiful darling daughter who is to make her first Holy Communion in three weeks time has had an accident with her fringe, she accidentally lopped some of it off whilst cutting something out. Rather than telling me and using baby scissors she has hacked at her fringe so it is so far up her forehead it is barely an inch in length and extremely jagged at that. My first reaction was to hit the roof, but I didn't, it doesn't even look like a home haircut in the style of the seventies of which I am fimiliar, I have an image of Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels in my head, that's what it's like but shorter. Oh dear, what is the point in being angry, she's so upset, she's learned her lesson, she won't do anything like that again. It's so bad I don't dare touch it, we'll have to go to the hairdressers.

Whilst Libby and i are having our talk and trying to sort out her hair, using headbands etc what deos Joe do? Lops some hair off his head!

Oh boy. I know one day it will be a funny family story.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

do you laugh or do you cry? I am laughing so hard, I'm crying!!!! Poor Libby. and Joe, God love him, was he being sympathetic or just 'boy'???? Headbands or clips with flowers??? oh, my...
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I am laughing so hard, Alison! I know it's not funny right now, but Joe's sympathy cut just puts it over the top. Too funny!

Maybe she can get extensions... do they call them that there? Hairpieces that are added up under the regular hairline? Try calling a hair place, maybe they have something she can use for Communion day.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Well, Alison, at least you know that your children will stand out in the crowd at First Communion. Do girls wear veils for First Communion in the UK? I think maybe one with more lace in the front part might be a help. For Joe, maybe a nice cap set at a rakish angle would be of use?
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Alison,

I'm sure a hairdresser can sort out her fringe... They've probably seen everything and more disastrous that Libby's catastrophy...
Meanwhile, watch "Cheaper By the Dozen" and "The Daughter of Rosie O'Grady" to see what a girl cutting her own hair results in!!!

My solution is for Libby to rent Princess Beatrice's fascinator for the day; nobody will notice her hair - - just joking!!!

Larry
charliechaplinfan

We've been to the hairdressers today, it has had to be cut very short because it was so jagged. We had debated about whether to get a veil or not, we are definetly getting a veil now. The hairdresser has volunteered to plait her hair across the front, I'll also be looking at headbands. Oh my. Joe's haircut has been easier to sort out. We will laugh at this one day. I think the most annoying aspect is that we had nearly grown out some layers and she's cut them back in again, that's 6 months down the drain. Thankfully the hairdresser had seen it all before.

Princess Beatrice sold her fascinator for £81,000 on ebay all money went to charity. Good for her.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Hi, friends, just thought I'd pop in to say hi and catch up on what you are all doing lately. I have been missing you all but too busy to sit and chat...how sad. Also thought I'd throw a quick whine out into cyber-space....my mother-in-law is back. (see the whiny thread, page 1) And I quote, "The bathroom is mine."

Hope you are all having a whine-less spring.
B
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

sorry, Birdy. What are you supposed to do, go outside? build an outhouse? use the neighbor's????? (wanna come over here and spend the summer???? 2 bathrooms!!! peace and quiet..sorta/kinda...MOVIES!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

went back to see the Mother in Law post, and I reiterate:
Ms B., if you can't come here and say "Rats!" or "Phooey!" (my personal favorite), where can you go? It's not whining to say you're having a rotten time of it. So many here care about the well-being of everyone, and whatever it is you are going through, you've got a whole team of cheerleaders to encourage or commiserate. Hang in there, and I hope your troubles will soon be over.
charliechaplinfan

I commiserate with you Birdy. Hope she finds her way back home pretty soon.
charliechaplinfan

9 months on I still have CFS or ME, I'm never sure what the right term is for the US. Here the first is the modern name with the second the older more headline grabbing name. I've now found out I've got fibromyalgia too, something that often goes hand in hand with the chronic complaint I have. This means more medicine, particularly anti inflammatories and pain killers. The doctor is trying to locate a pain management centre at the moment. I can't complain about the level of care I've had, it has been brilliant but both conditions aren't well understood. at some points during the day I'm wincing and at others I'm OK. Two strange illnesses.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I'm so so sorry, Alison! My sister has fibromyalgia, and she says that finding a good pain clinic is key. Also a doctor you can trust.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Alison, I am so sorry to hear this. We are all pulling for you. Do NOT settle for anything less than top notch care. Hang in there, dearheart!