Stars who have played Royality more the once

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
stuart.uk

Stars who have played Royality more the once

Post by stuart.uk »

I'd be here all day if I went through every actor or actress who has played Royality, but some have done it more than once, sometimes the same character, sometimes not

Charles Laughton-Henry 8th in The Private Live of Henry 8th and Young Bess
Keith Michelle-Henryv8th in tv series The Six Wives Of Henry 8th and the movie spin-off
Judi Dench-Elizabeth 1st Shakespear In Love and Queen Victoria in Mrs. Brown
Prunella Scales-Queen Victoria and Elizabeth 2nd in tv drama docs
Helen Mirren-Elizabeth 1st and Elizabeth 2nd in The Queen
Glenda Jackson-Elizabeth 1st on tv and again in Mary Queen Of Scots. She was also Cleopatra in The Morcambe And Wise show
Laurence Olivier-Hamlet, Henry 5th and Richard 3rd
Miranda Richardson-Elizabeth 1st in Blackadder and Queen Mary in The Lost Prince. She was also the Duchess of Kent in The Young Victoria
Michael Gambon-Edward 7th in The Lost Prince and his son George 5th in The Kings Speech
Peter Ustinov-Herod in Jesus Of Nazareth, the Prince Regent in Beau Brummell and King William in Victoria And Albert, not forgetting Nero in Quo Vadis
Annette Crosbie as one of the wives in tvs The Six Wives Of Henry 8th and Queen Victoria in Edward 7th
Helena Bonham Carter-Lady Jane Grey and the future Queen Mother in The King's Speech
Helen Ryan-Queen Alexander in Edward 7th and again in The Elephant Man
Anna Neagle and Anton Walbrook played Victoria and Albert in Victoria The Great and again in Sixty Glorious Yrs
Flora Robson-Elizabeth 1st in Fire Over England and The Sea Hawk
Bette Davis-Elizabeth 1st in The Private Lives Of Elizabeth And Essex and The Virgin Queen
Cate Blanchett-Elizabeth 1st and again in Elizabeth The Golden Age
feaito

Re: Stars who have played Royality more the once

Post by feaito »

Pater O'Toole as King Henry II in Becket (1964) and The Lion in Winter (1968)
Richard Burton as Henry VIII in "Anne of a Thousand Days" (1969) and King Mark of Cornawall in "Lovespell" (1981)
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Agnes Moorehead:

Queen Maria Dominika -- The Swan (1956)
Queen Elizabeth I -- The Story of Mankind (1957)
The Red Queen -- Alice Through the Looking Glass (1966-TV)

She also portrayed various noblewomen -- countess, baroness, etc.

On radio she played some royalty too, but that is probably beyond the scope of this thread.
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

I always found it fascinating when actors played the same character which was based on a real person in two different movies, which have nothing to do with each other.

Like when Bette Davis portrayed Elizabeth I. in 1939 and later in 1955. Or Charles Laughton as Henry VIII. in 1933 and again in 1953. There's such a long time between these movies.. enough time has passed so these actors could do it better if they wanted to, since they already had the experience of portraying these characters. I remember Bette Davis said that she found her portrayal of Elizabeth I. in The Virgin Queen far better than in Elizabeth and Essex, because, she was older and more equipped when making The Virgin Queen.
[color=#400080][i]Perhaps I am mad. How should I know? I think I am normal.[/i]
~Tallulah Bankhead[/color]

I made myself a signature, but found out I can not use it.... world is cruel. :(
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/leaudlunique/avatars%20and%20banners/tallulah.png