Talentless Celebrities...

Chit-chat, current events
Vecchiolarry

Talentless Celebrities...

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hello Everybody,

Here's a topic, where you can nominate your favourite talentless celebrity(ies).......
Those people, who are famous or infamous or notorious for being ballyhooed and set loose upon an unsuspecting public (us!) and celebrated for what??
They can't act, they can't sing, they can't dance, they can't even speak coherantly....

I'll start... My first nominee (and I have several) is:

Brad Pitt....

OK, he's cute but that's all; what else can he do? Nothing!
From a male perspective, I say cute, but lately I've seen pictures and he's aging badly.

Who else should be in this category? Who's your nominee(s)???

Larry
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Hi Larry!

Can I nominate KEANU REEVES!! I mean, he's gorgeous sure, but I have never seen such a bad actor. I was watching Speed the other day... :oops: I can't believe I'm admitting that. He isn't even a bad actor, I don't know how he ever even acquired the title. Even his body language spells disaster.

Yeah, Pitt is aging badly :P
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Parris Hilton leads my list of no talent celebs. I guess Lindsey and Brittany have some talent, but very little. :cry:
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I can't agree about Keanu. I think he's sexy and handsome. I liked him a lot in Hard Ball, the Replacements, and The Lake House. He and Sandra Bullock have a great chemistry and should do a few more together. I wish he would get away from the Matrix/Constantine kick he's been on, but I guess he can't help doing them when he receives 15 Million for them.

Lindsay was a cute little girl, and it's a shame that whatever happened to her, happened. As for Paris, and Brittany . . . less than no comment, and you can add Nicole Richie and Jessica Simpson to that scramble also.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Larry said:
They can't act, they can't sing, they can't dance, they can't even speak coherantly....
I think Donald O'Connor said that about Jean Hagen's character in "Singin' in the Rain". He added, "A triple threat!"

Anyway, when I read Larry's opening of a great new thread, for some reason, Tiny Tim popped into my mind (thanks a LOT, Larry!).

I have to defend Keanu Reeves. "A Walk in the Clouds" is one of the most romantic movies EVER :oops: :oops: And Diane Keaton was nuts to pick crazy Jack Nicholson over Mr. Reeves! :lol:

Paris, Nicole, Lindsey, now there's a triple threat!
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Nancy,

"Tiny Tim" - - oh, that's too funny!!!
I hope you won't be singing 'Tip Toe Through the Tulips' all day now... Sorry!

Actually, I must say that Tiny Tim was funny - - funny ha, ha and funny strange...
When I first saw him on "Laugh In", I nearly fell off the couch laughing. But sadly, he was a 'one note wonder' - not even a 'nine days wonder' - and he quickly became boring.
Now "Miss Vicki", there was a talentless celebrity. When I heard she was pregnant, I wondered how??? Then, I surmised that she & Tiny must have had to go to the bathroom at the same time on night and bumped into each other in the hall!! Oopsy!!

Larry
Moraldo Rubini

That's the Pitts

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

knitty wrote:...I have to defend Keanu Reeves. "A Walk in the Clouds" is one of the most romantic movies EVER :oops: :oops: And Diane Keaton was nuts to pick crazy Jack Nicholson over Mr. Reeves! ...
Well then I'll defend Brad Pitt. His performances in Terry Gilliam's Twelve Monkeys and David Fincher's Fight Club should have dispelled any questions to this actor's talent. Instead people mainly talk about his charisma and star quality; which he definitely has -- that's why people talk about him so much. I'll never forget the moment I saw him in Thelma and Louise. I was Firenze and there was a tremendous "who is that?!" stir in the audience. Seeing the dull-but-glamorous Oceans 11 showed us that he still has this appeal. Unfortunately, the Oceans franchise, like so many of his movies, don't exhibit his acting talents. I think a lot of actors that get "dinged" for being talentless are just not being given the roles that would let them shine. That was one of the great things about the studio era: vehicles were written and designed to show off the stars at their best.
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hey Marco,

Seems like your "Filet Mignon" is my 'grissle'......
I've dreared through two Brad Pitt movies only - "Seven Years in Tibet" and "Joe Black". Gawd awful!! No talent and boring...
I'll never see another BP movie or shoot myself first.

We'll disagree on 'the Pitts'; still luv ya though!!

Larry
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Moraldo:

What you say is so on the mark. I don't care for Pitt, never have found him even attractive, but I did think he showed promise in Legends of the Fall. Also, what you said about the studio era, I said exactly that a couple of days ago in relation to another subject, but it also brings to mind something else I said, this time about Russell Crowe. He seems to be getting ALL the meaty roles lately.

Seems to me Joaquin could have done justice to Cinderella Man, and Keanu, with a decent director, might have handled A Beautiful Mind, and I KNOW Brad would have been a great Gladiator. Ten years ago, I would have loved to see Dennis Quaid as Bud White in LA Confidential - he definitely needs a better agent. Dennis is soooo ignored, it makes me angry.

Well, hot dog - a starring tole for Alan Ladd is on.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Moraldo Rubini

Them's the Pitts

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Vecchiolarry wrote:I've dreared through two Brad Pitt movies only - "Seven Years in Tibet" and "Joe Black". Gawd awful!! No talent and boring... I'll never see another BP movie or shoot myself first.

We'll disagree on 'the Pitts'; still luv ya though!!
Looks to me as if we're in agreement. You named two terrible movies; of course he wasn't good. That was my point: when he's in a good vehicle that's well written and directed, he's swell.

Put Garbo in Two Faced Woman and she'll look lame (whilst dancing the Conga). Put her Queen Christina and she's sublime...
bradtexasranger

Post by bradtexasranger »

I also have to disagree with Brad Pitt being on this list. I think he's good if in the right movie, I think he did a good job in Seven. As for Paris Hilton, I STILL have no idea what her claim to fame is besides her name :? Somebody please explain to me what she's DONE besides get in trouble :roll:
Moraldo Rubini

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

bradtexasranger wrote:...As for Paris Hilton, I STILL have no idea what her claim to fame is besides her name :? Somebody please explain to me what she's DONE besides get in trouble :roll:
Her intended inheritance brought her fame; her woes brought her notoriety.
I'd like to make a motion that we don't bring her up in the Oasis again. Discussing her only cements her celebrity. If we're truly all bored with her, why do we continually discuss her? A moritorium on Miss Hilton?
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

AMEN Marco!
When people are ignored, they tend to go away.....

Larry, you are too ornery. Ooopsy indeed.

What about T.R. Knight? He's cute and cuddly, but I don't think he's much of an actor.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
bradtexasranger

Moraldo Rubini wrote:
bradtexasranger wrote:...As for Paris Hilton, I STILL have no idea what her claim to fame is besides her name :? Somebody please explain to me what she's DONE besides get in trouble :roll:
Her intended inheritance brought her fame; her woes brought her notoriety.
I'd like to make a motion that we don't bring her up in the Oasis again. Discussing her only cements her celebrity. If we're truly all bored with her, why do we continually discuss her? A moritorium on Miss Hilton?
I like your idea, but I really don't think it would do much to diminish her celebrity. There will always be plenty of people who lap this stuff up unfortunately :roll:
bradtexasranger

Besides, we're discussing her because she's the perfect example of this thread topic :lol: