Research

Chit-chat, current events
Bilbo

Research

Post by Bilbo »

Can anyone recommend a reliable site to access - or view - U S records of "births - marriages - deaths and divorces"

Is there a general site covering all topics - or - must I go through individual State and County sites ?

movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Research

Post by movieman1957 »

Various sites that deal with genealogy usually have very good access to those things. My wife is constantly finding things like my grandfather's military service card and all kinds of records. Often those sites have a membership fee.

The census bureau has many of those things as well. The Social Security Administration has a part of their website where you can enter a name and it can tell you whether they have a record of death.

I'll get "The Bride" on and maybe she can provide some more info and maybe some links.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Bilbo

Post by Bilbo »

movieman....

thank you - living in the U K i'm not sure of the available sites in the U S - i don't mind paying for a site but don't want to pay and find nothing available

Bilbo :lol:
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

If you'd like a Certificate of Live Birth, the long form, Speaker of the House, John Boehner might be of some assistance.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Bilbo:

I'm so sorry. I completely missed it. And you even have it under your name. D'oh!
Chris

Bilbo

Post by Bilbo »

It is at times like this that I wish I was "intelligent" - the reply from "Red River" means nothing to me - maybe someone can explain the meaning of the reply ?

I can't make out if it is a serious reply - or meant to be funny - either way ?????????? :oops:
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

It's sarcastic. It has to do with the question some have over whether President Obama qualifies to be president because of his place of birth and his parentage. There has been some to do over his birth certificate from Hawaii. Some question its legitimacy.
Chris

RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I assure you, Bilbo, my intention was not to offend you.
TheBride

Post by TheBride »

Send me a PM with as much info you have on this person. (date and place of birth(even an estimate is better than no date); date and place of death, parents and their DOB DOD info; siblings, spouse. etc) Were they in the military?? If so when. I have ancestry.com and know of other sites I can look through for information for you.

Happy to do it!

Hugs, Carolann
[i]Last night I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas I don't know.[/i]

Hugs, Carolann
Bilbo

Post by Bilbo »

RedRiver - don't worry you haven't offended me - it's just that I didn't understand the meaning - now it has been explained I understand.

I didn't think this was still an ongoing issue with Obama - however once he has been inaugurated can he be ousted if it came to light he was born outside the U S ? :)
Bilbo

Post by Bilbo »

Hi Carolann

thanks for the offer - I will put together some of the information I have and come back to you again later - in the meantime thanks again - Merry Christmas

Bill :D
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Bilbo,

I'm not an expert on the constitution. I imagine a president could be removed if it were proved he lacked the qualifications. Surely, SURELY, it won't come to that! I think his opponents have finally let that go.