Thieves Highway

ken123

Thieves Highway

Post by ken123 »

Another fantastic noir from Jules Dassin. Lee Cobb steals the film, but Valentina Cotesa is great ( and very sexy ). Morris Carnovsky and Jack Oakie also shine. Richard Conte stars and is very good. The DVD include an interview with Dassin and his comments along are worth the price. :wink:
Dewey1960

Thieves Highway

Post by Dewey1960 »

I really feel this is Dassin's best film (with BRUTE FORCE and RIFIFI following very close behind). One of the things I enjoy so much about THIEVES HIGHWAY is the unusual amount of respect screenwriter Bezzerides and director Dassin show Valentina Cortese's character; it's not every day that a lady of the night triumphs over the girl next door. At least not in 1949 Hollywood. What a brilliant film!!
ken123

Post by ken123 »

In an interview, that is included on The Thieves Highway DVD, Director Dassin tells how he fell in love with Ms Cortesa. :D
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Thieves is a great film. I'll never forget when I found out the old man's legs were gone. :shock:

It's one of those films that I feel I need to see about 5 more times before I can open my yap and discuss it though.