Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Rita Hayworth

Re: For Your Consideration

Post by Rita Hayworth »

moirafinnie wrote:
Lzcutter wrote:
This is a great thread!
Kingme,

Thank you for the nice words! Does this mean you guys would like to see this thread continue after today?
Heck, yes!! You have to ask?? I hope you also continue your posts on landmarks in the Los Angeles area.
Thanks for the kind remarks both Moirafinnie and Lzcutter ... I will continue to be a faithful reader as always!

P.S. Please Lzcutter ... add more interesting tibits of Hollywood Lore on your landmarks/Los Angeles Thread too! I just dig Entertainment History as always!!!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

This is the most beautiful, fascinating thread I've seen to date. I watched a lot of those moments on TV!
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Great Thread Lynn:
How quickly we forget but with one or two words, it all comes flowing back. I don't think there are more than 2, possibly 3 Oscar shows that I missed during my lifetime, meaning at least 60 of the 84, starting with age 7 in the year of 1952. I remember so many incidents. Liz Taylors acceptance soon after her throat surgery when the scar was still so obvious. David Niven and the naked guy. Being so angry when Melina Mecouri was even nominated one year (because who the heck was she?), and happy as a clam when JoAnn Woodward won for Three Faces of Eve, and so on. Although the show sometimes bogs down and gets downright boring, often some crazy thing will happen to bring it to life again, like Jack Palance and his exercises. But again, this is real fun, and I hope you continue to add to it.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

moirafinnie wrote:I'd never seen this movie until the last year .
I can't believe it!

But I have to let you know, I agree one hundred percent with your last comment to Lynn, Moira:

Thanks for starting this thread and for each of your informative posts here.

This is indeed an entertaining and informative thread! Please keep it up, Lynn!
I love it! :lol:
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Hey guys,

Again the kind words strike where it counts, my heart.

Unlike Celine's voice these days (10 canceled dates due to throat fatigue), this thread and Hollywood/LA Landmarks will go on!

I've got lots of material!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Is there an award for Best Thread?

"Wow! I didn't expect to be up here. Just to be nominated with Dewey, Moira, Johnny Staccato...So many people to thank. Mr. Cutter. Mr. Peepers. Al Gore for starting it all. By the way, sorry about the wardrobe malfunction. I assure you, that was my shoulder!"