The Good News Thread

Chit-chat, current events
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

That is good news. I hope you can get some rest, and watch some good movies you can tell us about (when you feel up to it, of course). :D
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Welcome home, Nando! This is the best news of the week. Please take care of yourself, and don't rush. Put your feet up and watch some great movies.

Nancy
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
srowley75

Post by srowley75 »

Now, I know to some people this may be good news:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,477434,00.html

But I have to ask - would you be flattered to find your photo paired with this headline?
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Fernando, please take care of yourself and rest. You may not realize that your presence here--so far away, yet so close--is one of the brightest spots in the SSO, no--make that the internet. I'm so glad that you are better. Give yourself the time to heal, please.
srowley75

Post by srowley75 »

feaito wrote:Hello my friends, today I am back from the Clinic and I'm much, much better. The pancreatitis evolved very well and I am almost at normal levels again. I'll be resting at home on medical leave until next Tuesday.
:D

Til then, you can catch up on silents and precoders. I suppose this would be a perfect time to view an Abel Gance film or two.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

srowley75 wrote:Now, I know to some people this may be good news:

But I have to ask - would you be flattered to find your photo paired with this headline?

HIP HIP hooray!!!! I'm finally fashionable AND healthy!!!!!! :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
klondike

Post by klondike »

srowley75 wrote:Now, I know to some people this may be good news:

Thanks a lot, SR!!
I just shared that Fox newsbyte with the Mrs., and exclaimed to her jubilantly: "See, Honey, now you truly CAN rule the runway!!"
While exiting the room, she informed me that I'd just blown my last shot at a hot lunch. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Oh, boy - vindicated at last!

Years ago I might have found this news depressing. Now, I'm glad to hear it. Besides, experience has taught me, as JLo well knows, that there are a lot of gentlemen out there who appreciate a Woman of Substance.

Have any of you ever read any of the "No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" novels? They have been made into a British TV series, which will run here in the US soon. They tell of a 40-ish female detective in Botswana, who refers to herself as "traditionally built." To me, that has a comforting ring to it.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Nando,

Great to see you back here. Acute pancreaitis is no fun. I had it a few years ago after having an endoscopy go wrong and ended up in the hospital for a few days.

Not an experience I want to repeat or wish on anybody.

Glad to see you are back home and doing better.

We missed you!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Re: News for pears - no help at all to all we upside-down-pears. Not a curve in the rearview mirror in sight in this Irish/Native American clan!
B

Feaito - congrats on the good news on your improving health and may you feel better with every film.
B
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks for your very kind words and wishes my very dear friends. I missed you all very much.

It's been the first time in my life I have been hospitalized and it's been the worst illness I've had- so far. Thank God I went to the Clinic just in time and I was treated by an excellent doctor and was under the care of great personnel.

Many relatives, friends and co-workers phoned me and went to visit me during my stay in the Clinic and gave me their support and that was pivotal for me.

My brother-in-law installed a DVD player in my room so that I could be able to watch films and my dear wife and brother brought some very good DVDs to watch. I couldn't watch as much films as I would have liked, because I was very weak in the first days, but still I watched quite a few and read a little bit of "Swanson on Swanson". BTW, all the films I saw during this period touched & moved me in a special way and I thought all of them were fantastic! When one is in such condition one feels very vulnerable indeed.

If only I'd had a laptop :wink:

Thanks again SSO friends!!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Dear Fernando,

I'm so very glad you're feeling better. Please take it easy and watch plenty movies :wink:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
klondike

Post by klondike »

charliechaplinfan wrote:Dear Fernando,

I'm so very glad you're feeling better. Please take it easy and watch plenty movies :wink:
Yes, excellent advice, dear Friend; in particular you should enjoy some of those silly, visual French comedies with Jacques Tati!
It will help you mend!
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks Alison and thanks for the recommendation Klondike, so far I've only seen "Mon Oncle" and Mr. Tati's humor appeals very much to me.
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Fernando, I'm so happy that you're feeling better! Good to have you back! :D
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard