The Good News Thread

Chit-chat, current events
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thank you very much dear Brenda! :D
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Dear Fernando,

You already know how glad I am that you're well. I hope we can continue to speak via Skype as often as possible. What upset me most was that you were hospitalized right after we last spoke and you told me you didn't feel well, but didn't let me know about it! Don't do that again! Don't let me hang! We've become friends over time and I value that very highly. You also happen to be one hell of a nice guy and people like you don't grow on trees! From now on, promise me that you won't get sick! But if you do, let me know! I can't pray for you but I can pull for you and be in your corner! Capiche? So stay well and be healthy and happy.

As always and with much concern,

Hollis
feaito

Post by feaito »

Dear Hollis, I'm flattered. Thanks for your very kind words. Sorry I could not let you know, but everything was so fast... I was in the Emergency Room at the Clinic, thinking they'd give me some pain-killer and everything would be all right and next thing I know I was very ill and had to be hospitalized. Maybe I'll have to save to buy a laptop :wink:
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

This morning I was sailing down the road on my way to work, thinking about the day ahead of me. Two "County Mounties" in a patrol car were coming from the opposite direction, and as we passed, BOTH of them gave me a hard look. I realized I was twelve miles over the speed limit.....DISASTER!!!!

Sure enough, they pulled over, turned on their lights and did a U-turn. I kept saying OH NO, but denial doesn't work. I pulled over, and of course they were right behind me. I fished for driver's license and insurance card, and realized my card was the expired one, not the new one....

The young officer (they seem to be getting younger and younger) got out, came up to the window and said "I think you know why I pulled you over, don't you?" Since I was already aware of the uselessness of denial, I gulped and said, "Yes, sir, I was going too fast". He said he clocked me at 62 in a 50. He took card and d.l. and went back to see if I was a fugitive, ax murderer, etc.....

When he got back out of his car, he wasn't carrying any paperwork!!!!!

He handed me back my information, gave me a very gentle lecture about being more careful, and wished me a good day. With tears in my eyes (can't help it, I can cry at sunsets, so why not now?) I told him he had just made my day.

So it may seem little to some of you, but BOY HOWDEE!!!!! What good news!!!!!!
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Aren't you the lucky one. One of my friends from church has a son who is a new cop and he says the one thing that will always get a woman a ticket is crying. (At least at the front end of the stop.) He figures they are just trying to get out of it by crying.

I can see it now.

Coming To A Theater Near You

NANCY AND THE BANDIT

You do drive a Firebird, don't you?
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

With a spoiler, and flames painted on the sides!

Leadfoot Lil'
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Good thing that old FBI record of your bank robbery background didn't pop up on the ol' computer, Nance! Not to mention the time you threw a wad of gum out of your car window.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Changing names and social security numbers DOES work.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

That business about disappearing exes in 5 states was all just a bunch of hooey......The insurance companies weren't on a centralized database at the time......
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
feaito

Post by feaito »

I'm very happy for your luck Nancy. :D
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

That's great luck - I'm so happy for you. The last time I got pulled over, I misted a little Vanilla body spray toward the window before the officer got there and when I rolled down the window he said he smelled cookies. I didn't get a ticket.

I also have a maple one that smells like pancakes and I've been shopping for more bakery flavors!
B
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Oh, Birdy, you may be having some troubles, but you certainly gave me a laugh! This officer was so young, he would have given me the ticket if he'd smelled cookies and DIDN'T get a couple of them.
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Good news tonight! Talked to my son, and the soon to be twin granddaughters at 33 weeks are still hanging in there. This is late term for twins. The sonogram on Monday showed contractions that the little ladies, while small, are already breathing on their own! They are close in size, which is also good for twins. My tough little daughter-in-law is still working, and even went on an over night trip to Idaho for her job! I can't believe it! Don't think I would have done the same thing, but she said that her doctor is a no nonsense kind of guy. If he doesn't think anything is wrong, he doesn't make a big deal out of it. I know she already has two children, but WOW!
Last edited by silentscreen on February 7th, 2009, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
klondike

Post by klondike »

Light a candle for my daughter-in-law Megan, folks!
Daughter # two's due early next week, but the li'l imp's been doing some uterine yoga, gotten herself turnt wrongway-to & is sitting snugly breech.
And petite, 22-yr-old, 4'11'' Megan is dreading the possible necessity of a c-section! :x
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

klondike wrote:Light a candle for my daughter-in-law Megan, folks!
Daughter # two's due early next week, but the li'l imp's been doing some uterine yoga, gotten herself turnt wrongway-to & is sitting snugly breech.
And petite, 22-yr-old, 4'11'' Megan is dreading the possible necessity of a c-section! :x
I feel her pain, Klondike! It's quite uncomfortable being "in the family way" for the petite little ladies. My daughter-in-law is around 5'3", but gaining so much weight with twins severely limits her ability to do the normal things like bending from the waist. 8) Hope that little imp turns around soon! But even if she does have to have a section, I'm sure everything will be perfect. We quickly forget these things once the little bundle makes his/her appearance! :)
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
klondike

Post by klondike »

And my sympathies & well-wishes to your mom-to-be gal, SS; keep us updated!
Twins were also a concern for my d.i.l., as she is an identical twin herself, but as this will be her second single-birth, I guess something about Wes' burly, selfish Highland genes queered the whole multiplicity thing.
I told Megan yesterday not to worry too much, with ancestors from the clans MacDonald, Gordon, Scott & MacIntyre, little Joely will likely arrive with fists clenched, screaming for haggis! :wink: