'Round the World Weather Report

Chit-chat, current events
JackFavell

Re: 'Round the World Weather Report

Post by JackFavell »

I think he might be at Dewey's show this week. I thought I saw a post about it somewhere.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Hey Jaxxxon. :) I think he's heading out there for Dewey's Noir extravaganza in May. This storm seems like a beaut! :-( How YOU doin'? What's the weather like in New England?
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

This morning it's cold and windy, but for the last week there's been the smell of spring in the air! It's so nice, and I noticed the sun is staying up till almost 6:20 now. What a relief to see the end of this winter in sight.

How about you?
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Well. Broke, but well. Now that I'm free, I'm going to see about jumping into film-related things I might read about. Yesterday I went to a Salon where if you bring ten pages of your script, there are actors there to read it. You have to sign up early to grab a spot. I jumped in. Didn't know what to expect. Had my ten pages read.

Hmmmmmm...I see it's important to give your script to someone who knows how to read and give it expression. But how to do that when you don't know the folks. A crapshoot. I gave it to one of the girls I knew there; she...could...not...read. :shock: But her part was small and the other actors reading my script were better. :)

...And my script got some laughs. :D Doing well. C-c-c-cold, but well. At least there's no snow. Spring is inching her way here.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

That's AWESOME! Get out there girl! You are so brave. Keep doing it!

Yeah, I thought after last week the temps were going to warm, but no such luck. Soon!
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

We have survived here on the Third Coast. Apparently it was the biggest snowfall since the blizzard of February 2011. But we didn't really feel it because...this past weekend we temporarily relocated from the beautiful "the suburb in the City" Northwest Side to the young hipster living of Downtown (6 months while major home renovation is happenin') and, golly gee, the City and businesses keep everything clear down here. I had no idea how much snow fell until we went to our younger daughter's house (near our now near-demolished house) for my birthday dinner and saw 8" or so.

I wouldn't have minded being in the City on the Bay for a bit of Pre-Code, but I have my airline tickets and accommodations for 8 nights of Noir & Dewey on May 11-18.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oooh, good luck with that renovation thing! It's going to take everything you've got to get through that kind of noir hell. :D
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Chris? How's it going out there in snowman's land?
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Nothing but rain. Shut down schools all over the central part of the state and we got nothing. Good hard wind that nearly blew a tractor/trailer off of the Bay Bridge (no one hurt) but that was about it for excitement.

In a way that's good. After helping a friend movie Saturday my back wouldn't have been able to handle it.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh golly! well it's probably a good thing they didn't send the buses out with that kind of wind. We are getting the wind now. It's pretty intense, but I think all the branches and things have already blown down by now so hopefully there is nothing left to poke a hole in our house. :D

rest up and get that back loosened up. It's so frustrating when it goes out. I had some back problems recently and nothing is more aggravating or uncomfortable.
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Il neige.

Car service, which I had reserved on Tuesday and confirmed at 6am, was a no-show. Had a nice bit of luck and was able to hail a taxi, so was able to get to work.

This snow was supposed to come yesterday so I arranged to take the day off. But it arrived a day late. Oh well. :)
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Ahhh....the last day of Winter.

It is currently -7 (with wind chill). Looking forward to tomorrow.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

ChiO wrote:Ahhh....the last day of Winter.

It is currently -7 (with wind chill). Looking forward to tomorrow.
um, hate to tell you but TODAY is the first day of Spring. from the internet (and of course, 'they' are never wrong...) "Spring begins with the vernal equinox at 7:02 A.M. (EDT) on March 20, 2013 in the Northern Hemisphere."

Tomorrow it's back to Winter around here..."accumulating snowfall of up to 3 inches" is what the weathermen are saying....
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Happy first day of spring to all of us in the northern hemisphere of earth! :D

In NYC we still have some snow on the ground from Monday evening's small snowstorm -- winter's last hurrah around here (I hope).
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

My daughter Alice took these last week, the first crocuses and snowdrops of the year, coming up through the snow, with the warm spring sun shining down on them. Not bad! Maybe we have a fledgling photog in the family.