The Domestic CAT: Feline at its finest!

Chit-chat, current events
MissGoddess

Re: The Domestic CAT: Feline at its finest!

Post by MissGoddess »

knitwit45 wrote:Alison, why don't you ask for the blanket she or mum have slept on? You can always launder and send it back once she's adjusted.

I was just going to suggest the same. She'll feel more relaxed if she can sniff mommy.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I took a towel with me and the lady rubbed Mum with it. I felt really bad because the little girl of the house who was nine gave her a last cuddle and teared up and then the lady wanted the cat mum to see her going so that she wouldn't search for her and her little brother who she was curled up asleep with when I went to get her will wake up and wonder where she has gone.

We were ages coming home, every traffic light was against us and everytime I stopped the car she cried, when I put my fingers in the bars of the cage she stopped crying but then I had to use my hands for the gears and she'd start again. She's getting adjusted now having a good roam around, we've only let her in one room so far and she's met the older cat who was very nice with her and she's was intrigued by him. She's exploring everywhere now and has not once bothered with the towel.

Most of all she's beautiful, black and ginger on the face with shades of black, brown and ginger on her body. Her name is Molly.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

One of the dearest 4 legged friends I ever had was a Belgian Malinois named Molly! Great choice of names, Alison (I'm kind of glad the kids vetoed nancy.....) She might not be using the towel right now, but when she gets sleepy, I'll bet it will help! Good luck and congrats on the new family member
charliechaplinfan

Molly is absolutely adorable, I don't think I want to go to bed tonight, she's so sweet.

When we got home it was 6.30pm and she had a quick look around and then went under the furniture, whilst the kids tried to give her room but dangled toys in front of her. As soon as they went to bed, out she came and had a good look around, then she met Claude who was very accepting and for the last hour or so she's been curled up asleep first on me and then on Chris when he got jealous. She's awake now and very playful.

She still has to meet Charlie, the ginger terror, I think he'll like her but he's likely to be a little too rough when playing.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I'm so glad Molly's settling in! I know how excited you must be. I know I wouldn't
be able to sleep, either.
:)
-- Will Rogers
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Awwww...congratulations! It's so exciting to have a new pet in the house. I can see why some people get addicted to the feeling of new pet ownership! I'm glad my kitties are bigger now; the only thing about kittens is worrying about tripping over them or them getting hurt in some way. My cats are so big now they sound like a herd of horses when they are chasing each other up the stairs. When Meg jumps down from her perch upstairs and I'm in the room directly below, it sounds like Da-DOMP! She's a healthy cat. And today, I was lying down reading and I got the giggles when I looked down at Lizzie. She was stretched out so long on the couch beside me, she was almost as long on the couch as I was.

I hope you'll have many lovely stories to share. (By the way, keep an eye out in case you need to do the separate rooms/isolation thing temporarily. I'm sure I'm telling you nothing as you're very cat savvy!)
B
charliechaplinfan

She's fearless, she's met the red devil, Charlie and followed him. He doesn't know what's happened, he runs from her which makes her follow him more. He's identical to her birth brother only a lot bigger.

Last night she slept snuggled up to me all night, she's played with the kids today but as soon as she wants cuddles and sleeptime it's to me or hubby that she comes to. She's the most beautiful doll like face with a perfect stripe down her face like a harlequin and her tummy is ginger and brown. She doesn't photgraph anywhere near as beautiful as she actually is.

Claude, bless him, is 14 and he was surprised to see her last night but gave her a sniff but when she got too confident he gave her a little hiss. He's learnt, he accpeted Charlie last year and was used as a punch bag, which wasn't too bad when Charlie was an ankle biter but as soon as he got bigger it was a trial for him, he's a bit arthritic. Hopefully Molly will be a good companion for both cats but will hopefully take her energy out on Charlie.

She's a finger nibbler too, in a very affectionate way.
charliechaplinfan

OK, I'm not allowed to type on the computer, my fingers are there for chewing and generally playing with but who's complaining. She's an absolute darling. She's sat on my knee tonight, peering over looking at the big cats in the living room, Claude isn't bothered by her and Charlie needs to know that he's number one in the pecking order that cats assign themselves. She's not going to muscle in for top spot, she's too nice natured, she'll charm her way.
MissGoddess

Felix von Kitten!

Post by MissGoddess »

Hi everyone, I got a new kitten this week, a baby Singapura named Felix von Kitten ("Flix" for short, just like John Barrymore in Grand Hotel. :wink: )
Here he is in a quickie i just shot...it's not "hi def" because I don't yet have my new memory card for the new camera, but I couldn't wait. His little
tail is the funniest thing...it curls back like a piggy's or those dogs I've seen like this...
[youtube][/youtube]

CCFan, how is your new darling settling in?
-- Will Rogers
charliechaplinfan

Oh he's gorgeous, so beautiful, he looks like he's got his feet firmly under the table.

Miss Molly is a holy terror, she's very naughty but we can't possibly tell her off, she's too cute and far too clever. She loves the Christmas tree and shots straight up the middle, having a decoration in her mind and knocks the branch until it falls off, then she picks it up and carries it to her lair, one of her many lairs. She lies in wait for the other cats and dive bombs them. She's just so loving though but when we do tell her off she puts her little nose in the air and turns her head away. Plenty of character.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Flix is so cute! I have never seen a kitty with a curly tail like that. Is that a quirk of the breed or is it just Herr von Kitten's personal style? (I also love the sound of the older movie in the background and it's good to see you posting anytime, Miss G).
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Alison, Molly sounds too adorable. I hope one day you can share pictures or video of her and her companions!

Moira, the curly tail seems to be a quirk of Felix's own, and I hope he never grows out of it!
:D
-- Will Rogers
charliechaplinfan

I thought I'd loaded pictures of Molly somewhere on the site. I think we had a thread about our family, here they are, when she first came home. Nancy had to load these for me, I'm so inept at loading pictures and admire all of you who can do it.

http://silverscreenoasis.com/oasis3/vie ... 6&start=15
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Oh, Alison, what luvvies...all of you! Your boy looks like le Petit Prince!

Flix, looking innocent.
-- Will Rogers
charliechaplinfan

He's gorgeous, he really is.

My son is an imp, I aught to devote a whole thread to him and his sayings and doings. He's adorable but liable to get me into trouble at any time due to an inopportune comment. Libby is so sweet, a very caring and studious child, completely opposite to her brother.