Ben Johnson

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
pvitari

Re: Ben Johnson

Post by pvitari »

Richard Harris' son Jared is also a fantastic actor. I've loved him in a number of things, most especially as fetish photographer John Willie in The Notorious Bettie Page (with Gretchen Mol as Bettie Page) and currently as the epitome of smooth (if facially scarred) British villains on Fringe.

I never watched a lot of Buffy, but that silent episode where everyone was robbed of their voices was fabulous TV.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I didn't even know he had a son who was an actor.

I like Harris early on and then late in his career. I think you can't get much better than The Molly McGuires and This Sporting Life. The Snow Goose is also really good. For someone who had such a reputation, he had a very long career, and seemed to work all the time.
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Ah, then you have missed a very fine character actor. I hope you look him up. ;)

Here's a pic. He looks like dad. ;)

pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Quote from the Warner Archive Collection Facebook page:

"Yes, WILD STALLION will see the light of day through WAC. We haven't firmed up our plans yet, but it will surface sooner than later."

YAY!!!!!! :)
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Hope this is a Monday perk-me-up -- another Major Dundee publicity photo.

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Hello gorgeous! Poor Ben, another buttoned up, completely covered look!
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Here you go... the unbuttoned look. ;)

pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Back to the buttoned up (and hairy face) look. This is the last of the Major Dundee (and Sam Peckinpah movie) photos for now.

Maricatrin

Post by Maricatrin »

pvitari wrote:Quote from the Warner Archive Collection Facebook page:

"Yes, WILD STALLION will see the light of day through WAC. We haven't firmed up our plans yet, but it will surface sooner than later."

YAY!!!!!! :)
Hallelujah! (Wish I had one of those little smilies that can do the handstands and hops... but you get the idea.)
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaricatrinsMusicVideos
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Say, what happened to the rest of your message about Laramie? I was going to say that yes, Robert Fuller was a big heartthrob back in the day, not just for Laramie but also for his 70s series Emergency! Laramie was a little before my time (i.e., I was already on Planet Earth but too young to notice or care about Westerns) but I definitely remember Emergency!, though more for Randolph Mantooth than Robert Fuller. :) Nowadays I'd probably be more interested in Fuller simply because I like 'em older now, no longer being a sprout myself. :) Anyway, I know some ladies who to this day are still full-bore Robert Fuller fans and drool at the mention of his name. ;)

I got some Chisum pics. Here's the first one.

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Pepper! ImageImageImage
Maricatrin

Post by Maricatrin »

pvitari wrote:Say, what happened to the rest of your message about Laramie?
I lengthened it slightly, and moved it over to the what-have-you-been-watching thread where I felt it fit in better (or perhaps she didn't want to say she'd developed a Slim/Smith crush on this particular thread? :wink: )

Jack, how do you do that? :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaricatrinsMusicVideos
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

I see your new avatar. :)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I right click over any smiley I find, then hit save image as. There are lots of sites online with free smileys. I have a file of animated gifs that I have stolen....ur... um..... copied, and when I want to use one I have them all ready. Image

Hey, your avatar is adorable!
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Blu-ray news! Shout! Factory licensed Terror Train from Fox for a Blu-ray release sometime in 2012 -- I'm guessing around Hallowe'en. ;)