'Round the World Weather Report

Chit-chat, current events
JackFavell

Re: 'Round the World Weather Report

Post by JackFavell »

Chris- please be careful of your back! I hope you didn't over do it...
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I am a little sore. Only got one car out. I tried to pace myself. Shovel for a while. Take a break. Shovel some more. I kept reminding myself I am not so young anymore. Will still have to dig my car out tonight.

My backyard doesn't get any sun so we are likely to have snow there until March unless we get a warming trend.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Are there neighbor kids around? They might help you out at a reasonable price.

We spent about two or three hours yesterday shoveling, if you can believe it! I somehow lost my good snowboots over the last year, so I had to wait till Andrew shoveled me a path because all I had were my Lands End slip on hikers. Alice made an igloo, that runs about 6 feet under the snow along our driveway.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

No. All the kids I have seen are little ones. I've lived there almost 20 years so I have cycled through an entire generation and hardly known anyone. My daughter and her boyfriend, who works with her and was stranded Friday night, were no help.

I'll have to get the car out. I'm having my piano tuned tomorrow so he'll have to park somewhere.
Chris

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

If I were nearby, I would come shovel you out.

Andrew was a little ticked off yesterday, because a neighbor down the road (who I have known personally for years) has a snow plow. He plowed the old folks driveway next door, then he went around our house, and plowed out our other neighbors who are in their 20's and 30's and left Andrew and me standing there watching him. Then he drove off. I am almost of a mind to say something the next time I see him, but I suppose that would be rude.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

It would be no more rude than what he did. What it would be is pointless. It certainly would keep him from helping in the future because he would think you were the wrong one.

If you do come I'll make sure we have brownies. Besides, if you waited until summer we would have more time for visiting.

Be careful with that igloo.
Chris

Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Nancy, can you believe we've been spared this?
Just about an inch Sunday night.
Now, if we can just stay clear through Fri.

My wwwwwarm wwwwwwishes are with ALL YOU SNOWBIRDS!
Birdy
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

One of the local weathermen has been complaining because we probably won't have a white Christmas....THANK HEAVENS!!!!!!!! Birdy, great news about your Dad. Now THAT'S a Christmas present!!!! :D
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

So very cold in NYC today. The wind/chill this morning is 8 degrees, and it is so very windy, too.

I am at home today. All morning I have been hearing sirens, which sound to me like fire engines. Probably someone's faulty electric heater -- we get a lot of that here. Can you imagine having to run out of your house, maybe with no coat, in this weather? Good grief. I hope the hydrants aren't frozen.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

And never forget the heroes who respond to those calls. My nephew is an EMT/Firefighter in Northern California, and though he doesn't contend with ice, he does battle all the horrendous fires in the greater San Francisco and surrounding areas.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

One of the local weathermen has been complaining because we probably won't have a white Christmas....
Looks like we're going to get slammed this afternoon and evening :shock: :shock: bah humbug
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

And it's getting milder here. Rain predicted for the weekend, so all the now icy and dirty snow will be gone. Until the next time, of course. Hope Rudolph has turned on his radar.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

The snow is still here, it will be our first white Christmas in years, plus it's given the kids something to do whilst waiting for Santa.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

icing like mad, wind is crazy....rudolph with your nose so bright, won't you guide Santa's sleigh tonight????
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

We only had a little rain Christmas Eve and way above freezing. Not as pretty, but definitely safer. Today there's 3-4 inches of snow on the ground so it really feels Christmasy and I watched yet another version of a Chrismas Carol because I sort of got back in the spirit. After all, I lost a day. My inlaws were surprised under 10 inches Christmas Eve in Oklahoma City and today my nephew is driving from IL to NE. Yikes. He said the interstates were fine, though.
Nancy, how are you faring out there now?