Humorous Memes

Chit-chat, current events
Dargo

Re: Memes

Post by Dargo »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: June 21st, 2023, 10:17 am

This applies to playing music and being a musician. (But than the prep-work is never really done!).
If I'm understanding your comment here correctly James, then it sounds as if you're offering up a slightly different take on that old joke about a youthful first-time visitor to NYC asking a local how to get to Carnegie Hall.

(..."Practice, my boy...practice!")

;)
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

larson.jpg
larson.jpg (68.31 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
laffite

Post by laffite »

What the musician thinks is redundant. We get it.
jamesjazzguitar

laffite wrote: June 21st, 2023, 12:03 pm What the musician thinks is redundant. We get it.
You don't get it at all.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Nerd fight!!
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 21st, 2023, 12:58 pm Nerd fight!!
LOL

And what's surprising here is that YOU'RE not involved in it!

LOL

(...oh boy, and here WE go now, HUH?!...yeah yeah, I knew I was gonna rue entering this one, huh!) ;)

LOL
jamesjazzguitar

Dargo wrote: June 21st, 2023, 1:28 pm
Intrepid37 wrote: June 21st, 2023, 12:58 pm Nerd fight!!
LOL

And what's surprising here is that YOU'RE not involved in it!

LOL

(...oh boy, and here WE go now, HUH?!...yeah yeah, I knew I was gonna rue entering this one, huh!) ;)

LOL
Hey, dude, everyone knows that musicians are the coolest folks on the planet. Yea, man, that's the ticket.

PS; That Larson Far Side rant is highly rated at the Jazz Guitar Forum. Like me, Larson is a non-professional, jazz guitarist. Hip man!
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: June 21st, 2023, 1:57 pm
Hey, dude, everyone knows that musicians are the coolest folks on the planet. Yea, man, that's the ticket.

PS; That Larson Far Side rant is highly rated at the Jazz Guitar Forum. Like me, Larson is a non-professional, jazz guitarist. Hip man!
That's funny! And here I've always thought retired airline employees who spend their time riding motorcycles and who are still extremely good at the sport of tennis despite their advanced age (and thus haven't yet resigned themselves to playing Pickle Ball), are really the "coolest folks on this planet"?!!!

(...although admittedly of course, I might've somehow been a bit biased in this thought)
laffite

Post by laffite »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: June 21st, 2023, 12:56 pm
laffite wrote: June 21st, 2023, 12:03 pm What the musician thinks is redundant. We get it.
You don't get it at all.
Yer right. I looked closer. :oops:
jamesjazzguitar

Dargo wrote: June 21st, 2023, 2:08 pm

That's funny! And here I've always thought retired airline employees who spend their time riding motorcycles and who are still extremely good at the sport of tennis despite their advanced age (and thus haven't yet resigned themselves to playing Pickle Ball), are really the "coolest folks on this planet"?!!!

(...although admittedly of course, I might've somehow been a bit biased in this thought)
Well, you're clearly up there in the cool ranking. I'm Mitchum and you're McQueen. (And note Mitchum did play guitar and McQueen was known for riding motorcycles).
Masha

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: June 21st, 2023, 2:43 pm
Dargo wrote: June 21st, 2023, 2:08 pm

Well, you're clearly up there in the cool ranking. I'm Mitchum and you're McQueen. (And note Mitchum did play guitar and McQueen was known for riding motorcycles).
LOL

Oh yeah...sure. Whatever ya say here, James.

Ya know you seldom give me cause to disagree with ya around here, and so I'm certainly not going to start NOW and after THIS comment here!

(...although perhaps you should have ended it with the line "In our dreams", don't ya?!) ;)
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Btw and speaking of Mitchum here, I just watched the following last night on the Movies! channel and years after my last viewing of it...

...and so was once again reminded again why I've always thought of him as being "the real King of Cool".

(...and despite what the OP of this thread has always stated in these regards...she being a big fan of McQueen's, ya know)
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Us guys with vinyl in our veins are the grooviest. Dig it!

Woof! You've Got Mail!
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Best line the guy above ever said - addressing the Village People,

" Lose the Indian".