MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Bronxgirl48

Re: MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Dargo wrote: April 14th, 2023, 4:05 pm
Bronxgirl48 wrote: April 14th, 2023, 1:05 pm
Was watching a pbs Nature program called Remarkable Rabbits and couldn't help but think how none of them looked or acted like Bugs Bunny. In the real world these creatures have zero personality. That is why NIGHT OF THE LEPUS is so ridiculous.
Are you then saying here Bronxie that this flick might've benefitted by having cast Lloyd Nolan somewhere in it? ;)

(...I dunno...maybe the part Paul Fix played in it perhaps?!)

Don't forget Zachary Scott!
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: April 17th, 2023, 3:49 pm
Dargo wrote: April 14th, 2023, 4:05 pm
Bronxgirl48 wrote: April 14th, 2023, 1:05 pm
Was watching a pbs Nature program called Remarkable Rabbits and couldn't help but think how none of them looked or acted like Bugs Bunny. In the real world these creatures have zero personality. That is why NIGHT OF THE LEPUS is so ridiculous.
Are you then saying here Bronxie that this flick might've benefitted by having cast Lloyd Nolan somewhere in it? ;)

(...I dunno...maybe the part Paul Fix played in it perhaps?!)
Don't forget Zachary Scott!
LOL

I didn't actually, Bronxie. Ya see, I was going to mention him TOO here, but then I remembered Zachary died in the mid-'60s and a few years before this 1972 giant killer rabbit movie was made, and whereas Lloyd worked all the way to the end of his life and died in the mid-'80s.

(...I mean, these inside jokes of mine DO have to have at least SOME basis in facts, ya know!) ;)

LOL
Andree

Post by Andree »

I realize that Ray Milland is the bad guy in Dial M for Murder, but I've always found him to be the
most sympathetic character in a 'it's only a movie' way. His wife is cheating on him, so you've got to
feel a little sorry for the guy. Grace isn't too bad, but Bob Cummings is a total drip. When he's running
his mouth toward the end of the film, I'd like to have seen Ray drop him with a quick punch in the face.
Of course Ray was caught in the end, though has was rather unconcerned at that development. Too classy
to have a breakdown.
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Andree wrote: April 17th, 2023, 10:53 pm I realize that Ray Milland is the bad guy in Dial M for Murder, but I've always found him to be the
most sympathetic character in a 'it's only a movie' way. His wife is cheating on him, so you've got to
feel a little sorry for the guy. Grace isn't too bad, but Bob Cummings is a total drip. When he's running
his mouth toward the end of the film, I'd like to have seen Ray drop him with a quick punch in the face.
Of course Ray was caught in the end, though has was rather unconcerned at that development. Too classy
to have a breakdown.
Paula is back!!! Have seen promos of her return! First week of May. Looks like they changed her slot to Wednesdays now. Good! Now I can watch on Sundays again. Only off the air 2 1/2 months!
Andree

Post by Andree »

Hibi wrote: April 18th, 2023, 10:47 am
Paula is back!!! Have seen promos of her return! First week of May. Looks like they changed her slot to Wednesdays now. Good! Now I can watch on Sundays again. Only off the air 2 1/2 months!
You can't keep a good woman down. There have been a lot of Columbo marathons on Sundays recently so I haven't
been paying much attention to ID on that day. I did watch a few last night. The People Magazine show usually has interesting
cases. In a moment of weakness I even watched one of the Mean Girl Murders episodes. Every once in a while a repeat of
FTN crops up. I hope there are new ones coming soon.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Yeah, I think they had a FTN on last week. Hard to say when it'll be back, but am sure it will be. Paula has a new doo in the promos (Filtered, of course!). I'm not too crazy about some of the new shows, but that Wahlberg hosted show that debuted last Sunday was good. (forget the title, Evil something).
Last edited by Hibi on April 19th, 2023, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andree

Post by Andree »

I hope so. I pick and choose the ones I think I would like to see. After two shows in a row I've usually had enough of
murder and mayhem for one night.
Detective Jim McLeod

Post by Detective Jim McLeod »

Hibi wrote: April 19th, 2023, 8:53 am Yeah, I think they had a FTN on last week. Hard do say when it'll be back, but am sure it will be. Paula has a new doo in the promos (Filtered, of course!). I'm not too crazy about some of the new shows, but that Wahlberg hosted show that debuted last Sunday was good. (forget the title, Evil something).
The Wahlberg show is Very Scary People
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Andree wrote: April 19th, 2023, 4:33 pm I hope so. I pick and choose the ones I think I would like to see. After two shows in a row I've usually had enough of
murder and mayhem for one night.
Yeah, 2 shows per night is my limit also. They usually dont start new episode shows till 9pm so it works out for me.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Detective Jim McLeod wrote: April 19th, 2023, 4:43 pm
Hibi wrote: April 19th, 2023, 8:53 am Yeah, I think they had a FTN on last week. Hard do say when it'll be back, but am sure it will be. Paula has a new doo in the promos (Filtered, of course!). I'm not too crazy about some of the new shows, but that Wahlberg hosted show that debuted last Sunday was good. (forget the title, Evil something).
The Wahlberg show is Very Scary People
YES!!!!!
Andree

Post by Andree »

Hibi wrote: April 19th, 2023, 5:21 pm

Yeah, 2 shows per night is my limit also. They usually dont start new episode shows till 9pm so it works out for me.
Don't they already have enough very scary people? I watched one of the psycho/schizo police interview shows last night.
A woman tortured, killed, and then dismembered a guy in a wheelchair. And she was eating a snack and drinking a soda
and laughing a a lot of the time during the interview. Pretty scary.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Andree wrote: April 19th, 2023, 8:49 pm
Hibi wrote: April 19th, 2023, 5:21 pm

Don't they already have enough very scary people? I watched one of the psycho/schizo police interview shows last night.
A woman tortured, killed, and then dismembered a guy in a wheelchair. And she was eating a snack and drinking a soda
and laughing a a lot of the time during the interview. Pretty scary.

I know. Some of those people are pretty sick. Those on the psychopath shows especially!
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

I've never understood why people watch shows like that.
Andree

Post by Andree »

Hibi wrote: April 20th, 2023, 9:02 am

I know. Some of those people are pretty sick. Those on the psychopath shows especially!
I have to admit that even I was laughing a bit as this woman was so out there crazy.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Andree wrote: April 20th, 2023, 3:39 pm
Hibi wrote: April 20th, 2023, 9:02 am

I have to admit that even I was laughing a bit as this woman was so out there crazy.
Yes, I remember that episode (the woman) it was a rerun and I had seen it before. Yuck! They are so matter of fact about the crimes (pretty gruesome) they commit....