The whiny thread

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Re: The whiny thread

Post by charliechaplinfan »

So far so good with the root canal but I had to have Chris to help me make the decision, I could have had it taken out and that would have been a quick decision that I would have gone for but Chris talked me into the canal treatment, I think for the best.

Claude's so thin, that's why I took him but so far he's happy, I just hope God takes the decision and not us.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Had Round 2 this morning with -- what? -- my 5th root canal. I don't have a big problem with those -- a couple of Advil and waiting for the anesthetic to wear off (this time the wait wasn't long because most of it had worn off before the dentist was finished). But I watched THE BIG LEBOWSKI while she was scraping. Nihilists, Dude.

Wisdom tooth extraction, that's another thing. That's 48 hours, at least, of pain for me. At least all four are gone now (which may explain a lot).
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

As long as Claude is happy, then everything is alright. I know it's hard. Give him all the comforts you can.

ChiO, your dentist shows movies in his office? And they actually have good movies? Why didn't anyone around here think of that?
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

The group has done that for years for long, dreaded procedures. Used to have a few DVDs that showed on goggles. Let's see -- I watched THE LIFE OF BRIAN, SISTER ACT and THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY on that. Now the group subscribes to NetFlix, with an iPod connected to the computer, and the movie of one's choice is streamed onto the goggles.

I refuse to watch MARATHON MAN.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Is it safe?
charliechaplinfan

We haven't progressed that far yet. This first part took only 5 minutes, more to come, I'm glad I had Chris, I'd have gone for the extraction just to have it over because I can't take anaesthetics because of the CFS I was worried about having multiple visits but Chris put it in perspective. I was listening to a phone in about Hallowe'en, it's amazing how crabby some people can be.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Ali, I'm so sorry about Claude. I know he has always been your first love. So many wonderful years he's shared with you. This has been a 'day', hasn't it? Here's hoping the dental work goes quickly and, as much as possible, pain free.
Give Claude a snuggle for me, too.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

My heart aches for your precious Claude. He's blessed to have the love of a good family.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

RedRiver wrote:My heart aches for your precious Claude. He's blessed to have the love of a good family.
Me too, Allison!
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I'm very sorry about Claude...I know the heartache. I'm afraid of when I'll have to face it one day with my guys, especially Nikki who has chronic problems including asthma.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
charliechaplinfan

Thank you, you're all such good friends. He is very well loved, even with the other animals which he still dominates, he's a bag of bones though now, I still give him a cuddle though. Lara is scared stiff of him. Bless him, he has no idea anything is wrong with him and whilst he's like that we'll continue as we are. My Mum has said we should just get rid now and save ourselves the trouble, can you belive she said that? Why hold on to him? We just couldn't, he's eating, sleeping and still himself. Give me strength when I'm here alone, when everyone else is at school, not to dwell too much on what is inevitable.
charliechaplinfan

Just had Claude put to sleep, it's the hardest decision we've ever had to make, then to come back and tell the kids that hteir little friend died when they were injecting him with medicine to make him feel better. The worst thing is he was still my little guy, his personality hadn't gone and he was purring only 5 minutes before we took him to the vets but he wasn't eating and he was throwing up the water he was having and then he got to the point that he was urinating at the same time as being sick. It was so hard, I knew but Chris sees him when he perks up at night in time for everyone coming home but I saw him all the rest of the time.

Guess I'll be back posting properly in a couple of days.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Alison, Alison. I am so sorry to hear about the inevitable. Never easy. NEVER!! I'm so sorry about Claude. It was just too painful at the end for him. I'm so sorry your family had to let him go.

Theresa
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

sigh. these things are so devastating to me. i DREAD the day i have to face the same thing with my little guys. i can only hope it's a long way off. i'm so sorry, allison. i know how hard it is. he's at peace now, no pain anymore, so what you did was out of love.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Oh, Alison, I am sad for your loss. How blessed you were that Claude was able to share his spark of life with you right up to the end. I know that each member of your family must miss him keenly. I'll keep you in my thoughts as you cope with this and comfort each other.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks