*CANDIDS*

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
charliechaplinfan

Re: *CANDIDS*

Post by charliechaplinfan »

If you've a good heart it comes through in the eyes, Marion was a good hearted girl.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

A hot Betty Grable surrounded by admirers including Buster Crabbe
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Lovely Janet Leigh appears proud of her convertible (don't drive near the Bates Motel)
Joseph Goodheart
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

mongoII wrote:Image
A hot Betty Grable surrounded by admirers including Buster Crabbe
She is getting a lot of beefcake around her!
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Joseph Goodheart
charliechaplinfan

Betty looks very happy and why wouldn't she be. I would be too.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Western Guy

Post by Western Guy »

Hey Alison -- Wonder if that photo of Betty was pre- or post-George Raft.

Janet Leigh!!! Wow, what a honey shot. And I'll tell you, she was one of the sweetest people. Got to chat with her (at her invitation) when researching my George Raft bio. Then she surprised me by forwarding me two gorgeous, personally autographed pictures that I have framed in my office. Have often said it: These "classic" Hollywood celebrities were truly the "real deal". May I just mention one more real sweetheart: Michelle Phillips from The Mamas and the Papas. Again, she provided some insight into George (she acted with him in the very last film scene George ever did: THE MAN WITH BOGART'S FACE) and gifted me with a wonderful photo.
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
COLEEN GRAY is 90 today

DIANA DORS (1931 - 1984)

BELLA DARVI (1928 - 1971)

FRANK SUTTON (1923 - 1974)

PEGGY MORAN (1918 - 2002)

UNA O'CONNOR (1880 - 1959)
Joseph Goodheart
Western Guy

Post by Western Guy »

A very happy birthday to my dear, sweet friend Coleen Gray. After I interviewed her for Videoscope, that dear lady made a point of submitting a letter to the publication complimenting my (so-called) interviewing skills. She certainly did not have to do that, but did of her own accord, and her letter was printed. Love Coleen and will call her today to give her special birthday wishes. In fact, I'll pass them all on to her from the members at SSO. I do know Coleen is not computer literate so doubt she has personal access to this site, but I can ask if Coleen's daughter might be able to somehow get Coleen to view online -- so please feel free to post your own birthday wishes to this wonderful lady.
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Stone, I had a feeling that Coleen Gray was a special lady, other than a fine actress. I especially enjoyed her performance as Molly opposite Tyrone Power in "Nightmare Alley".
A very Happy Birthday to Miss Gray today!

Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Gathering a number of old phonograph records, Anne Shirley gave a title-guessing contest, won by Betty Grable. As the record-shaped cake is about to be cut: Barbara Pepper, Phyllis Fraser, Diana Gibson, Kathryn Marlowe, Shirley, Jane Hamilton and Grable. In the background: Alan Curtis
Joseph Goodheart
charliechaplinfan

I wondered that about the picture of Betty, Stone. Would George have allowed her to pose with the delectable Buster if he had a choice in the matter?

A very happy birthday to the lovely Coleen Gray, I hope you get to see our messages and know of our delight in your films and our best wishes for the future :)

I'm glad to read nice things about Janet Leigh, I like to think our classic stars were all like that and that they delighted in their fans. I've read mixed things about Michelle Phillips but the bad things I've read appear to be from jealousy, Rudolph Nureyev or relationship gone wrong, Dennis Hopper.
Western Guy

Post by Western Guy »

Dennis Hopper?! Well, we'll leave it at that. No, my experience with Michelle has been more than pleasant. I think the world of her. Loved her with The Mamas and the Papas, and as the kindly person she has proven to be with yours truly.

Again, Janet Leigh was the same. A very sweet, wonderful lady. And actually, can't really say anything bad about Tony, either. He was all set to provide the Foreword to my George Raft biography and then got terribly ill with pneumonia.
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Farley Granger relaxes in a field of flowers
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Director Alfred Hitchcock eyeballing Priscilla Lane and Norman Lloyd on the set of "Saboteur"
Joseph Goodheart