The Unforgiven

Chit-chat, current events
mrsl

The Unforgiven

Post by mrsl »

Just a note to those of you who either haven't seen this film in a long time, or have never seen it (the Burt Lancaster/Audrey Hepburn The Unforgiven), will be telecast on Friday night, at 8:00 Central time on the Hallmark Channel. They claim it will be newly restored version, but from the ads I've seen, it doesn't look like it. But if you want to see it, without being able to rent it, or whatever, you might want to check it out simply to know what we're talking about when we post about it.

BTW, I realize this should have gone in the Western thread, but not everybody reads that thread, and I wanted to be sure everyone saw the announcement. It's hard to believe so many people are not Western fans as we have on this site. To me westerns are part of apple pie. But again, to each his own.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
benwhowell

Thankfully, I do have The Hallmark Channel!

Post by benwhowell »

I'm looking forward to watching it (for the first time.) I do like westerns and I'm anxious to see how Huston "handles" that genre. I love his "The Life And Times Of Judge Roy Bean." It will also be interesting to see Audrey Hepburn in a western!
I've read that Audrey was thrown from a horse between scenes. She was several months pregnant at the time and suffered a miscarriage. Huston blamed himself for the accident and hated the movie as a result.
Also-I guess Huston and Lancaster were going to teach Lillian Gish how to shoot. Turned out she was a better shot than both of them...having learned to shoot from outlaw/actor Al J. Jennings...
Handsome Johnny Eck
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

If you are looking for some info on it we have a thread in the Westerns forum.

If you both get to watch it let us know what you think.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."