Union Station (1950)

Mr. Arkadin

Union Station (1950)

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Anyone familar with this one? Yes I did delete and repost it as there was no other way to fix my misspelling of the title! 8)
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I missed the first half hour, dern it! I have wanted to see this movie for a long time and I wasn't disappointed by what I managed to catch. It was very exciting and I thought the villain one of the most vicious I've ever seen depicted in a movie of that era. I suppose it breaks no new ground but it's a very entertaining and well-acted thriller.
inglis

union noir

Post by inglis »

I talked about this film on Favorite noir as I had seen it and was wondering if this is classified as noir ..I had mentioned Laura too .
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

I could see this film being tossed out by Noir Purists but the climactic end is claustrophobic and tension filled, although watching the DVD enough reveals the annoying screams of the kidnap victim are the main basis for that tension-building.

("Young Lady, why didn't you roll over the back and hide and keep yer mouth shut? He'd never have found you except your screams kept him heading straight for ya!")

I've yelled this to her over and over - every time I watch it - yet she persists. I dunno why I try to help her anymore... well, maybe tomorrow she'll learn. Ya think?