The File on Thelma Jordon - Fri. 01/18 at 8:00 pm (EST)

Discussion of programming on TCM.
MissGoddess

The File on Thelma Jordon - Fri. 01/18 at 8:00 pm (EST)

Post by MissGoddess »

Don't miss this rarely shown Barbara Stanwyck drama which is finally airing tomorrow night on TCM! I'm looking forward to it (and to seeing Johnny Eager again, following). I've never seen this Stanwyck outing and have heard good things about it.
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

As a Stanwyck fan who has never seen THE FILE...., I am excited. And I'm planning to watch JOHNNY EAGER for the first time as well.
feaito

Post by feaito »

I taped off of Cinecanal Classics this film long ago and still haven't watched it.
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I've been waiting for this one! Thanks for the reminder Miss G.
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

It's been a long and somewhat frustrating month for me as I haven't had much chance to watch any movies because of my screwed up body clock :(

HOWEVER

I'll definitely be watching this and JOHNNY EAGER as well. I don't like missing movies with my gal Barb. :)
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

Looks like i'll be missing THE FILE ON THELMA JORDON and possibly JOHNNY EAGER as i've been called out by a friend.

"sigh" Oh well at least i'll definitely be seeing a movie with Bogie in it :D
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Poor Wendell:

How often does he play a lawyer, but usually a lawyer with a jellyfish spine. RO said the studio wanted to groom him as a big star but it never happened, how could they expect him to come off as heroic when he was always made a fool by either his woman or child co-stars? His first few movies, he was second banana to guys like Gable and Clift, now why would anyone look at Wendell instead of those other guys? He's always the nice guy/friend who everyone can wring around their finger. This movie is no exception. Talk about wringers - ha - ha, Barbara really puts him through one here. I know a lot of people taped it so I won't go into details, but Barbara is really stoic in this one, but also very cuddly when the situation calls for it.

Not a great movie, but good for a quiet evening or afternoon, especially if you're going to get our Chicago weather in the next day or two.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

I didn't see the first movie but I at least came home early enough to see the other two. There's a lot i've got to say on JOHNNY EAGER but i'm a little too tired to collect my thoughts. I will say that Van Heflin stole the film from Taylor and Turner.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

The File on Thelma Jordon will be "reopened" on TCM on Sunday, Apr 13th at 10:00AM.

I only saw a portion of the film as well. I look forward to seeing it in its entirety. It looked like another good role for Wendell Corey, before his career took that unfortunate bland turn in the '50s. I also enjoy Paul Kelly whenever he appears. I have mixed feelings about Barbara Stanwyck in this type of role, but I'll reserve those qualms for a day when I have a bit more time to go into it.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks