Frank Borzage

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
ken123

Frank Borzage

Post by ken123 »

I would like to see a boxed set of this directors works. Stange Cargo ( coming in Feb.in the Joan Crawford collection ) ,Three Comrades, and The Mortal Storm would IMHO be three good films to start off the set. I also would't mind if The Spanish Main were included.This 1946 RKO film in Technicolor stars a red haired actress form Ireland. :wink:
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Me too! If Fordy's box set does well Fox is considering it I've read. I love his silents with Janet Gaynor and Desire, which was supervised by Lubitsch.
Ann Harding

Post by Ann Harding »

Frank Borzage is certainly my all-time favourite director. :D I like very much his MGM period with Maggie Sullavan (Three Comrades, The Mortal Storm, The Shining Hour). But, I would like to see the release of rarer features such as Man's Castle (Columbia) and Little Man, What Now? (Universal).
I have seen quite a few of his silents (Seventh Heaven, The River, Lucky Star, Street Angel, Humoresque), but, I haven't managed yet to see The Lady (1925) and the original Secrets (1924) both with Norma Talmadge. let's hope David Shepard is right about the Fox silents boxset. 8)
feaito

Re: Frank Borzage

Post by feaito »

ken123 wrote:I would like to see a boxed set of this directors works. Stange Cargo ( coming in Feb.in the Joan Crawford collection ) ,Three Comrades, and The Mortal Storm would IMHO be three good films to start off the set. I also would't mind if The Spanish Main were included.This 1946 RKO film in Technicolor stars a red haired actress form Ireland. :wink:
That would be great. I'd buy the Crawford Collection, just to have a nice digital print of "Strange Cargo".