No Country for Old Men

Chit-chat, current events
Hollis

No Country for Old Men

Post by Hollis »

Good afternoon,

I've just seen the trailer for "No Country for Old Men" and it looks interesting (of course that's what trailers are supposed to do, pique your interest.) I know it was up for one or more Oscars this year and I was wondering who out there has seen it and 1. is it worth watching, and 2. would you recommend it as a permanent addition to a home library? If you people can't answer, no one can! Thanx...

As always,

Hollis

p.s. Is anyone else having any difficulty logging in to SSO? I have to enter my info twice before I'm logged in. I recently went back to IE v 7.0 after experiencing some unexplainable and seemingly unresolvable issues with Firefox. Could that have anything to do with it? Thanx again...
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Thanx Patsy,

As you instructed, I haven't read beyond the point where you said to stop. I wanted to, but nothing spoils a movie like spoilers! I'll rent the movie this w/e and get back to you with my take on it. You mentioned another film that I was interested in, "There Will be Blood." I know I could read any number of reviews by the critics, but I'd rather get my info from regular folks here at SSO (even though many are employed in or have ties to, the motion picture industry.) I think I've a better chance of getting a more even handed assessment here where most of the members still seem to have the ability to watch a movie and see the "big picture" rather than dissecting every facet of it. Most of the talk about the technical aspects of the production would simply be lost on me anyway I'm afraid! If you don't mind, do for "There Will be Blood" what you did for "No Country for Old Men." I'd be most appreciative. Thanx again!

As always,

Hollis