Maverick on the Western Channel

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
cinemalover

Maverick on the Western Channel

Post by cinemalover »

I see that on July 4th The Western Channel is going to have a Maverick marathon. They will be showing 12 episodes. For any maverick enthusiasts (count me in!) this is great news because this show has all but disappeared from the air waves.

Starring James Garner (and others) this has always been one of my very favorite western shows. I will defintiely be recording these episodes and hoping that this is the beginning of the channel airing the entire run of this fabulously entertaining show.

If you get the Western Channel mark your calendars!!!!
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Having recently purchased Clint Eastwood's "Unforgiven" I was pleasantly surprised to find an episode of "Maverick" included. It's one of the rare times you will see Eastwood lose a fight. Well, when you're not the star....
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Movieman 1957:

According to the info on the video tape I have on Space Cowboys, that episode of Maverick was where Clint and Jim met and never worked together again until Space Cowboys. Long, long time in between, but they did strike up a friendship that lasted all those years.

As for the marathon, I will be in front of my TV watching along with you in front of yours. Hopefully we can discuss some of it either at the end of the day, or the following day.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

It appears that the Western Channel will start showing Maverick daily (M-F) on July 7th at 6pm Eastern and at 3pm Western. If they are able to show the entire run of the show sequentially, as they've done with all the other series that they have showcased, than this will be a fabulous find for us Maverick fans. In the past when stations have shown Maverick they usually showed the episodes in a scatter-shot manner and never had the complete package. I really enjoy James Garner in this show and can't wait to start watching them.
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I hope I have enough DVD's. You're right about channels that re-run series. I've found that Hallmark channel runs in sequence and so does USA. They are now respectively on the second run of 7th Heaven and JAG.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I'm becomng disenchanted with Encore. WHile I am looking forward to seeing "Maverick" I am disappointed that so much of their schedule has been turned over to TV shows.

A couple of movies in prime time and one or two in the morning and then it's TV showns all the time. I don't mind the shows as this may be the opnly place to see something that is not "Gunsmoke" or "Bonanza" but a little less would suit me.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."