King Creole

stuart.uk

Re: King Creole

Post by stuart.uk »

Anne

I've noticed the same thing here with re-runs of The Saint, which I've already written about on another thread. ITV4 are showing the latter ones, some good, others dire. People of a younger generation might not be aware of the outstanding earlier ones that aren't shown. I think the excuse is they're in Black and white
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I still don't know the answer to my own question but in re-reading some of the earlier posts here, I learned today that Elvis' group of buddies, and Priscilla (though she has never said so in public), all agree that Colonel Parker was a heavier than heavy gambler, and he kept Elvis at the formula movies and the live concerts in order to pay off his gambling debts., e.g. instead of being paid for his concerts, much of it was used as payback for the gambling. They also agreed that the schedule Elvis had to keep was a killer and he (like Judy Garland), ended up relying on pills to have the energy needed to appear sometimes two time a day. If you've ever seen his live performance, you know how strenuous they were, so that second show had to be a killer.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I'm watching King Creole right now and I had forgotten how many great 'rock/jazz' numbers are in the movie. This is definitely one of his very best performances. Still a little stiff but getting better all the time. Too bad the army broke in.
'
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************