Who killed Jill Dando

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
stuart.uk

Who killed Jill Dando

Post by stuart.uk »

I just learned today that in the retrial of Barry George that he has been cleared of murdering the popular tv presenter Jill Dando, who was shot outside her front door several yrs ago.

I imagine that'll open the door to the suggestion Jill was a victim of a professional hit, because she presented Crimewatch, a tv show that helped the police catch criminals.

I remember being most upset when I heard of her killing. She came over as a beautiful caring young woman when I saw her at first standing in for Esther Rantzen when she was ill on the Opra style show Esther and when reading the news for the BBC. I remember she was presenting a show at a gala ball when she was surprised by her old friend Cliff Richard, who gave her a dance
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I'm not sure she was known in America but she was one of the most beloved television personalities, a newsreader, she hosted a holiday programme and a crime programme, she was the number one anchorwoman to be picked to host any big event. She didn't seem to have anyone who didn't like her.

One Monday morning about 9? years ago a man put a gun to her head as she was opening her front door and assassinated her. The method used was the method a contracted hitman would use.

As a piece of news it was astounding, who would do it. For about a year there was no arrest and then this man Barry George was arrested, he has history of following women and in some instances attacking them, he'd been inside. He was also one of societies misfits, his flat contained pictures of women he'd snapped randomly in the street and articles about female celebrities,. He was arrested outside Kensington Palace in full SAS regalia trying to get in to see Princess Diana.

It sounds very plausible that he could have been the killer, apart from one detail. However commited this act carried out a well planned 'hit' something that Barry George wouldn't be capable of carrying out such a hit, medical experts agree that his low IQ score about disturbed personality would make it unlikely.

It seems unlikely that anyone will ever be caught for this vilest of murders. Perhaps she was murdered as a result of an appeal she made on Crimewatch, killed by someone from the underworld. Or by a Kosovan as a result of an appeal she made on behalf of the refugees.

Whatever, it just brings back to our consciousness how completely unbelievable and shocking this murder was.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Alison

It's somewhat ironic that she was replaced on Crimewatch by newsreader Fiona Bruce, who has herself gone on to be a popular presenter. She was brilliant as Roxy in the Comic Relief version of Chicago