Three Part Series on Glamour's Golden Age

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
charliechaplinfan

Three Part Series on Glamour's Golden Age

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Here's another link to a series I've been watching, this link brings you to the third of the series, which is about Hollywood's influence on the British public. From this page there is a link to the two other programmes in the series. All have been very good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Hollywood/
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Ann Harding

Re: Three Part Series on Glamour's Golden Age

Post by Ann Harding »

Sounds lovely Alison! But, there is a slight problem. The videos are available to view only in the UK.... :cry:
charliechaplinfan

Oh, that's awful. In this day and age you'd think everyone would be able to pick them up, I never even thought that they'd be unavailable. Looks like you'll all have to wait and hope that your channels pick them up.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
markfp

Post by markfp »

I've noticed that with other programs on the BBC website. I wonder if it's because BBC is funded by the TV tax. I know in the U.S., the BBC America channel runs commercials because your law says that the tax can't be used to fund channels outside the UK.

Perhaps, the series will be released on DVD over there. If so, please lets us know.
charliechaplinfan

I will do, if I knew how to record off iplayer I'd record it and share it with you. It may be to do with the strange way the BBC is funded, it's a pity the don't share with the rest of the world.