What the Anchor didn't say

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

What the Anchor didn't say

Post by mrsl »

In addition to having a Pres who speaks clearly, and doesn't make a fool of himself when he does speak, I kind of like a Leader who brings a stop to his holiday vacation to call a press conference to personally tell his countrymen what is going on, who is doing what, and how he plans to do it, instead of always having the Press Secretary give facts and figures like a robot. However, I don't think it should be strictly government interference regarding terrorist activities. What I mean is the airlines have to take greater responsibility in weeding out suspicious characters. What works for one airline may not work for another. Fortunately I have plenty of time to travel so if I can't get where I want to go by car or bus, I won't go, because if I cannot pack hair and fingernail supplies and gadgets, for the airplane, I have to take the longer land route. I realize most people don't have this luxury, so I'm not being obtuse about it. I am wondering if dogs would have sniffed out the powder that guy was carrying, especially since it was in a fairly sweaty place which could have caused a higher degree of odor for a dog to catch. It seems a dog being firmly held at the end of the table where you leave your carry-ons might be a safety factor. I, of course would run kicking and screaming but most people would not be bothered. This is outlandish I know but what about a standard smock type of uniform all passengers and crew have to wear before take off, and changed back to normal clothes after landing? Brainstorming alone is hard to do, this airline stuff has got to be taken in hand soon.

Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
markfp

Re: What the Anchor didn't say

Post by markfp »

I've always joked that the way to stop all this stuff was to make everyone fly naked. Maybe I wasn't too far off. Of course, it wouldn't be totally naked, I'm sure the airlines would provide robes for first class and the rest of us back in steerage (oops, I mean coach) would be allowed to pay $50 for a disposable, paper, hospital gown. Flying just isn't fun anymore.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

I don't think it will help - they'll just start swallowing the stuff.
B
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

So What :!: :!: Let them swallow the stuff and get sick or die or whatever. Better them than the 400 pasengers and crew right? It also saves court costs.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************