Cinderella(s)

knitwit45

Re: Cinderella(s)

Post by knitwit45 »

she stayed on key!!! I have a tendency to slip around it, so it's something I truly admire. And the gentleness of the first part of her performance in that clip is totally charming.

Stiff upper lip, Ms. B, you'll have your day yet!!!!! :D :D :D
Moraldo Rubini

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Gee, I think we should open this up to all Cinderellas, from Disney's animation to Jerry Lewis' CinderFella. Then I could point out my favorite fairy godmother as Estelle Winwood's dottie character in The Glass Slipper. And my favorite step family as those who tortured Deanna Durbin in First Love -- which is probably my present favorite Cinderella. But you're right, best dress remains Lesley Ann Warren's (even if the weight of it did make her shoulders bleed!).
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Eeechh...I never knew that sticky little tidbit. But as stated before, "Beauty knows no pain, girls!" I never thought those glass slippers looked any too comfortable, either. But without them, there'd be no plot. I wonder how many movies say the word "Cinderella" in mention and how many movies have an image of a girl losing a shoe. I'm sure it's a lot, and just saw another one recently in Someone Like You.

Where did you learn about that and do you know any other Cinderella behind-the-scenes trivia?

(Sorry so late replying and I'd love to chat about any Cinderellas.)
B