Celebc join UK political bandwagon

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
stuart.uk

Celebc join UK political bandwagon

Post by stuart.uk »

Don't worry this isn't really about politics, but just an observation about the General Election in the UK.

It's noticable that UK celebs are out in force supporting the party's of their choice. Michael Caine, who came from a working class background, is supporting the Conservatives, while Harry Potter writer J.K Rowling at former Doctor Who actor David Tennant right behind the Labour Goverment.

One success has been to take an American style of debate and have the leaders of the 3 main political parties debating the issuses in front of a live audience and to the folk watching on their screens. It's been a success, becuase it's exposing the leaders, good or bad, to the people watching

I was wondering how American's might feel about Ewan McGreggor using a the promotion of his film Ghost to attack George W Bush. saying he was disgusted that Bush was able to leave the Whitehouse and walk straight on the the golf course, without having to anwser for his actions in Iraq. To be fair to Ewan the film in the film Ghost he plays a ghost writer writing a biopic of a fromer British Prime Minister who is on trial for war crimes after sending Britain into war. Pierce Brosnan's Prime Minister, though fictional, is clearly based, if loosely on Tony Blair
mrsl

Re: Celebc join UK political bandwagon

Post by mrsl »

Stuart:

Whether Ewen said that on his own or as part of his character, I am with him 100%. I have no idea why Bush and Cheney have not been accused and tried for libel and abuse of government funds. I also think the title Ghost is too confusing. If they want to add Writer that would be fine, but this way, it will be mixed up with the Ghost of Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze. There was an old movie named Crash about a car crash and I taped it by mistake last year thinking it was the Crash from 2007 with S. Bullock, and all the other ensemble players about daily trials and tribulations.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Anne

It has two titles The Ghost and Ghost Writer. He said it as himself
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Just watched Eddie Izzard do a speech, promoting The Labour Party