Ciff Richard is 70

stuart.uk

Ciff Richard is 70

Post by stuart.uk »

Happy 70th Cliff

A few yrs ago I thought Maurice Chevalier was the best ever over 70s singer. Then came Tony Bennett, who sounded as good as he ever did. I wonder though if Cliff Richard along with Tom Jones might take it yet on to a higher level

I thought it might be fun to show Cliff singing his first big hit Move It from 1958 along with his backing group The Drifters, who for obvious reasons became The Shadows, Then follow it up with Cliff and The Shadows reunited in 2010 for Singing The Blues

charliechaplinfan

Re: Ciff Richard is 70

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I've never understood the fuss surrounding Cliff Richard. Tom Jones yes, I can see what the fuss is about but Cliff Richard? There's no denying that he still has a big fan base, no doubt they'll all be celebrating today.

Two days ago was what should have been the 70th birthday of John Lennon, he resonates more with me.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
stuart.uk

Re: Ciff Richard is 70

Post by stuart.uk »

I rememeber the great Arthur Askey, saying on working with Eng Humperdink, Tom Jones and Cliff, when he played Panto dame in three different shows, that Eng and Tom where just interested in singing their song, whereas Cliff wanted to play the part of Aladin as well as sing.

While it was only a limited, Cliff did show a willingless to act in his movies. Tom and Eng did the odd not very demanding movie role. It's a pity Cliff's movie the Billy Graham production of Two A Penny didn't get a general release, because Cliff was good as the drug dealer Jamie Hopkins, who falls for Christian girl Anne Hollaway. He's also brillaint as Heathcliff, the musical version of Wuthering Heights