March 2011 TCM Schedule

Discussion of programming on TCM.
MissGoddess

March 2011 TCM Schedule

Post by MissGoddess »

...features more pre-code films than I've seen in one month on TCM in a long time. In addition to Jean Harlow being Star of the Month

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/month/?cid= ... d=3/1/2011

A lovely British film called A Canterbury Tale (1944) is also airing on March 12th, 6:00 a.m. EST.
It's really quite unique and I think many on this board would appreciate it. It's also available
on Criterion DVD (R1).

"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: March 2011 TCM Schedule

Post by movieman1957 »

A couple of things caught my eye. "The Story Of Mankind" may be among the worst movies ever but it is the only chance you'll get to see Hedy Lamarr and the Marx Brothers in the same film (though not together.) This film was way up on Groucho's own bad list.

There is a new Jean Arthur film for me - "Public Menace." There is also a rare showing of a not-so-great Laurel and Hardy picture called "Air Raid Wardens" but it has probably been 20 years since I have seen it.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
ChiO

Re: March 2011 TCM Schedule

Post by ChiO »

Oh, my -- late night/early morning Sunday, March 13. JOAN OF ARC, SAINT JOAN, THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC and LE PROCES DE JEANNE D'ARC. Three great ones.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles