Time for another POLL/CONTEST for Silver Screen Oasis

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Re: Time for another POLL/CONTEST for Silver Screen Oasis

Post by charliechaplinfan »

This is going to take some working out Erik. Some good choices out there.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

charliechaplinfan wrote:This is going to take some working out Erik. Some good choices out there.
Yes, it will be interesting ... I just got Miss Goddess's list and I will be tabulating her soon.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Miss Goddess ... your votes are tabulated in. Thanks for the PM.

Good timing on your part! :)
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Tomorrow is the 17th of October, and I'm bumping this thread up to remind everyone that you got 5 more days to get your list of 32 Favorite Movie Couples in.

On Sunday Night (2300, Pacific Standard Time) ... I will set up 16 Polls for the 1st Round of the Contest and proceed from there. I will add another post for clarification because looking at the last poll that was done by ChiO ... I need to add another post to make myself clear. So I will be posting something like 32 posts that day and that is the only way I can effectively do this.

I have a plan to execute it. Based on how ChiO done it and I will try my hardest to copy it.

2nd Round will be 16 posts

3rd Round will be 8 posts

2nd Round will be 4 posts

1st Round will be 2 posts

Final Round will be 1 post to determine the winner, and we will have a winner around Thanksgiving ...

5 More Days to get your data in. Please send me a private (PLEASE) message when you post your entry here

Deadline Noon Pacific Standard Time on the 21st of October.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

3 More Days to get your data in.
Please send me a private (PLEASE) message when you post your entry here

Deadline Noon Pacific Standard Time on the 21st of October.

Thanks SSO Members!
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I finally thought of 32 pairings to toss into the hopper, which I've posted above. Thanks, Kingme.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Thanks ... Moira

I will plug in your votes in a jiffy!

Update
Moira ... your votes are tabulated in
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

FINAL NOTICE

Deadline to post your choices by 3pm Pacific Standard Time ... I have 19 Couples already selected, 13 on the verge

UPDATE: I just finished putting them in order from 1 to 32 ... and I just made it very easy to re-adjust the order and even made adjustment to my program so that Number 32 can be move down to 33.

I will be soon be putting them in order by tomorrow morning around 7am. Completed ... can be changed easily by any last minute entries ...

I will be suspending posting pictures of Rita Hayworth until Tuesday.

SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE WHEN YOU GET YOUR ENTRY IN ... PLEASE DO SO!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Right Now ... is 12:20 Pacific Standard Time ...

I can accept any last minute entries until 4:30 pm ... around 11 PM ... Pacific Standard Time ... I will be posting 16 polls and 16 Information Posts because there is no way I can do the same thing that ChiO had done when we did the Best Director Contest.

Polls will be found in the GENERAL CHAT AREA ... Moirafinnie advises me to put it there.

Polls will run for 1 week.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Some difficult choices there, Erik, Garbo and Gilbert versus Astaire and Rogers, that was difficult. Edna and Charlie's round and Mary and Doug's round being difficult ones to choose from too. I wonder if it will be a boy/girl pairing or a same sex pairing that will win.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

charliechaplinfan wrote:Some difficult choices there, Erik, Garbo and Gilbert versus Astaire and Rogers, that was difficult. Edna and Charlie's round and Mary and Doug's round being difficult ones to choose from too. I wonder if it will be a boy/girl pairing or a same sex pairing that will win.
I know what you mean here Allison ... those two pairing are going to make voting difficult for some members here ... it will be interesting in the 2nd Round when I get down to 8.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

To make our Ongoing Polls easier to navigate in one spot, we created a new spot for all polls (esp. those that are multi-leveled head-to-head contests). In the Contests & Polls section linked below, the latest polls set up by Kingme asking us to choose favorite screen couples have been moved to that new section. You can see all these ongoing polls there at the internal link below. Thanks to Kingme for inspiring this idea with this latest poll creation
http://silverscreenoasis.com/oasis3/viewforum.php?f=87

All members are encouraged to vote on these current polls and all members are welcome to create a poll there once this current round is entirely completed.

Com'on gang!
Which cinematic pair do you want to see in this ultimate cage match? Hepburn and Tracy? Lugosi & Karloff? Or Marx & Dumont? :wink:

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

As soon Round 1 is completed ... I will go through all 16 polls and find the winner of each round ... I will do this.

Round 2 Rundown

Poll Number 1 - Round 2
Winner of 1 verses 32 & Winner of 16 verses 17
Winner of Hepburn/Tracy & Karloff/Lancaster will square off against the winner of Wayne/Bond & Abbott/Costello

Poll Number 2 - Round 2
Winner of 2 verses 31 & Winner of 15 verses 18
Winner of Powell/Loy & Kelly/Garland will square off against the winner of Grant/Loy & Hope/Crosby

Poll Number 3 - Round 2
Winner of 3 verses 30 & Winner of 14 verses 19
Winner of Laurel/Hardy & Reagan/Dickinson will square off against the winner of Kelly/Charisse & Marx/Dumont

Poll Number 4 - Round 2
Winner of 4 verses 29 & Winner of 13 verses 20
Winner of Wayne/O'Hara & DeNiro/Walken will square off against the winner of Martin/Lewis & Hopper/MacLaclin

Poll Number 5 - Round 2
Winner of 5 verses 28 & Winner of 12 verses 21
Winner of Astaire/Rogers & Garbo/Gilbert will square off the against the winner of Boyer/Dunne & Montgomery/Sullivan

Poll Number 6 - Round 2
Winner of 6 verses 27 & Winner of 11 verses 22
Winner of Bogart/Bacall & Fairbanks/Pickford will square off the against the winner of Grant/Dunne & Cagney/Young

Poll Number 7 - Round 2
Winner of 7 verses 26 & Winner of 10 verses 23
Winner of Karloff/Lugosi & Cushing/Lee will square off the against the winner of Hayworth/Ford & Rabbit/Rabbit

Poll Number 8 - Round 2
Winner of 8 verses 25 & Winner of 9 verses 24
Winner of Grant/Hepburn & Ritter/Davis will square off the against the winner of Flynn/DeHavilland & Chaplin/Purvilance

I will start them on late SUNDAY Night ... in the On-Going Polls Area ... of which Moirafinnie brought to me to my attention ... this poll will run another week.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

ROUND ONE DEADLINE

Midnight - Pacific Standard Time ... At Midnight, my time ... I will go through each 16 polls and write down the winner of the polls and pair them up my proposed pairing from my previous post and start cranking out 8 polls starting Sunday Night after 10pm - Pacific Standard Time.

Round Two will run for 1 week ... to cut it down to four couples at the end of the week.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

kingme wrote:ROUND ONE DEADLINE

Midnight - Pacific Standard Time ... At Midnight, my time ... I will go through each 16 polls and write down the winner of the polls and pair them up my proposed pairing from my previous post and start cranking out 8 polls starting Sunday Night after 10pm - Pacific Standard Time.

Round Two will run for 1 week ... to cut it down to four couples at the end of the week.
Thanks for this update, kingme.

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks