The Democratic Debate

Chit-chat, current events
ken123

The Democratic Debate

Post by ken123 »

It was on CNN tonight, did anyone watch it ?. At least torture was not cheered this evening as it was at the GOP debate in South Carolina a couple of weeks ago. :wink:
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I recalled seeing this thread, so I pulled it up from June, because I've finally caught the last couple on CNN

JohnM said he didn't feel it was necessary this early in the game, but John, because of these debates, I've been more inclined to watch certain programs when I see various names of candidates as guests on different shows. It gives me a chance to see how they handle themselves in front of the camera. Perhaps if more of us had seen Dubya in front of the camera BEFORE voting him in office, we may have thought a second time.

Personally, I thought it would be a decision between Clinton and OBama, but by seeing these debates, I'm really getting to like Kucinich. The man is a normal person who watched his parents count pennies to feed and clothe the family, and he himself has worked up through the ranks from laborer to now. We need a Pres like that right now. Someone who knows what the working man is going through.

Have any of you been watching and forming, maybe not a definite opinion, but at least getting a chance to really look at the candidates?

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

I'm not American but I do follow the political climate down there and i've been a supporter of Obama from the day he gave the keynote at the '04 DNC with that brilliant speech of his. He isn't so good in the debate format however which is a little disappointing. I don't like Hillary at all and think she's a lightning rod for the Republicans. She can actually fire up BOTH bases if she's the nominee.

I do see her candidacy as a foregone conclusion. It's definitely going to be a Clinton/Obama ticket and I don't see anyone on the Republican side that can match up with her. The only wild card is Newt Gingrinch who has remained fairly popular in conservative circles and if he decides to run he could really shake the GOP out of their doldrums. I thought that would happen with Thompson but so far his star has faded since he started campaigning. Just about all the Republicans have one or two major knocks against them that either hurts them in terms of crossing over to the undecided voters or hurts them with the conservative base of the party.

Barring something major, it's almost a fait accompli that Clinton will be the next President of the United States.