WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER TODAY?

Chit-chat, current events
Swithin

Re: WHAT YOU HAVE FOR DINNER TODAY!

Post by Swithin »

Went to El Coco in Hell's Kitchen tonight and had some good Arroz con Pollo and some pitchers of margaritas. Probably not too far from where Alice Faye grew up.

https://www.elcocony.com/location/el-co ... s-kitchen/
Arsan444

Post by Arsan444 »

I had a Spanish Tortilla and crusty bread topped with tomato sauce.
Happy Spanish Tortilla Day!
When in doubt, have another one.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Red beans and rice with smoked sausage. Laffite, who is staying with me during Lent, went with the crawfish omelette because number one he loves Cajun cuisine and number two he doesn't eat meat on Friday.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Thompson wrote: March 10th, 2023, 2:07 am Red beans and rice with smoked sausage. Laffite, who is staying with me during Lent, went with the crawfish omelette because number one he loves Cajun cuisine and number two he doesn't eat meat on Friday.
Laffite was actually a Sephardic Jew, who, if he was observant, would not have eaten crawfish; and could have eaten meat on Friday!
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Corned beef hash with poached egg and white toast
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Korean pork chops; Marinate with soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chopped garlic and ginger.
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

I haven't given a thought about dinner yet. I'm still trying to come up with something for lunch. But for dinner I might just have some turkey kielbasa and pierogi. Luckily I have enough beet horseradish to go along with it.

Sepiatone
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

I like horseradish and grew up used to the beet horseradish, which is particularly popular around Passover. However I've grown to love this British product, which I am out of but hope to stock up on, when I go to London next week.

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Last night for my birthday, my wife took me to my favorite (and in the opinion of many around here, best) restaurant in all of Sedona. It's named Elote, and the fare consists of what could perhaps be best described as "Mexican/Ooxacan Nouvelle-Cuisine".

As I usually do when we dine there and primarily for special occasions (it ain't cheap) I ordered my favorite dish of theirs...lightly battered and fried scallops served with a spicy/sweet sauce drissled over them with pan-fried vegetables.

(...I don't know how Jeff the chef there does it, but every bite you take of his meals is like a half a dozen different flavors melding perfectly in your mouth...mmmm...mmmm...mmmm)
dianedebuda

Post by dianedebuda »

Dargo wrote: March 11th, 2023, 1:05 pmLast night for my birthday
Hope you had a Happy Birthday! 🍰 🍨
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Dargo wrote: March 11th, 2023, 1:05 pm Last night for my birthday, my wife took me to my favorite (and in the opinion of many around here, best) restaurant in all of Sedona. It's named Elote, and the fare consists of what could perhaps be best described as "Mexican/Ooxacan Nouvelle-Cuisine".

As I usually do when we dine there and primarily for special occasions (it ain't cheap) I ordered my favorite dish of theirs...lightly battered and fried scallops served with a spicy/sweet sauce drissled over them with pan-fried vegetables.

(...I don't know how Jeff the chef there does it, but every bite you take of his meals is like a half a dozen different flavors melding perfectly in your mouth...mmmm...mmmm...mmmm)
Happy Belated, Dargo. Is that you in the photo, or the chef, or Samuel Beckett?
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Swithin wrote: March 11th, 2023, 11:23 pm
Happy Belated, Dargo. Is that you in the photo, or the chef, or Samuel Beckett?
LOL

Never thought of it before now, but yeah, I suppose the older and more winkled I get (and especially the deep furrowed brow), and with the shock of thick greying hair, the more I do kind'a resemble the great Irish writer here, don't I...

So there's your answer, my old friend. Yes, that was a shot of me now days and as I was about to enjoy that delicious plate of scallops.

(...and thanks for the birthday wishes here as well)
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

If i remember correctly good ol' Sam had one of his people sucking rocks for supper. Was it Malloy or Mallone?
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I could never follow Joyce, but I can hang with Beckett a little bit.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Happy Birthday Dargo! You look mighty good for such an old fart.