Took a lot to get here, but registered at last...so hello!

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
Lomm
Administrator

Re: Took a lot to get here, but registered at last...so hello!

Post by Lomm »

Cuthbert wrote: January 18th, 2023, 4:10 pm
Lomm wrote: January 18th, 2023, 3:18 pm Username has been changed.

As for avatar size, it's set to 5MB and up to 20x20 in size, with 300x350 resolution. To me that seems large enough. A lot of forums I've visited have much smaller avatars than that (usually 100x150).
Would it be possible to change my user name from Cuithbert to Swithin?

Thanks.
Yes, can be done. You will have to log in with the new name though. Reply to this so I'm sure you saw it before I change anything. If I'm not here then I'll change it next time I am, then you can log in with the new name after that.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Thanks, certainly no rush.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Done!
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Masha wrote: January 18th, 2023, 4:10 pm
Am I illegal?
:smiley_lol: :smiley_heartbounce:
Watching until the end.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Wow, thanks!
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

jimimac71 wrote: January 18th, 2023, 2:55 pm Lomm ... Yes, I'd prefer using my jimimac71 name.
This forum is different and it may take time for me to adjust.
The reply feature looks odd.
I do have to ask why the requirement is so small for the avatar. Less than 48K I believe.
LawrenceA ... Thanks. You are a good person and I remember you from the TCM forum.
You were very kind to our old pal Spence. You may have been the one to fix his avatar.
Nice to see you here Spence.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

James ... In the thread about TikiSoo, it is mentioned I am not Spence and that he has likely passed on.
Lomm was kind enough and very quick to change my user name, and I now have my old kitty avatar.
I am the same person who left the forum run by TopBilled.
I've been banned completely but can view the site (not post) using a basic VPN.
People over there are watching over here.
The more they snoop, the more they might find this is a superior forum for everyone who use to enjoy the TCM forum.
I've been looking around and there is a lot for me to dig into.
LawrenceA is correct. I enjoy music more than movies or even television.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

jimimac71 wrote: January 19th, 2023, 12:29 pm James ... In the thread about TikiSoo, it is mentioned I am not Spence and that he has likely passed on.
Lomm was kind enough and very quick to change my user name, and I now have my old kitty avatar.
I am the same person who left the forum run by TopBilled.
I've been banned completely but can view the site (not post) using a basic VPN.
People over there are watching over here.
The more they snoop, the more they might find this is a superior forum for everyone who use to enjoy the TCM forum.
I've been looking around and there is a lot for me to dig into.
LawrenceA is correct. I enjoy music more than movies or even television.
I checked with TB; you were NOT banned. Instead you deleted your account and when one does that, due to technical issues, one can't rejoin for around 10 days. As you know I'm no both websites and I like both of them (for the content as well as users at each). Sorry, but I can't agree with people over there are watching over here. There was a joke by Lucky Dan (who was a common user at the TCM forum), about that, but again, he was joking.
I hope you don't think I'm "watching over here"; I'm just letting you know TB said your welcome to re-establish your account.
Last edited by jamesjazzguitar on January 19th, 2023, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: I checked with TB; you were NOT banned. Instead you deleted your account and when one does that, do to technical issues, one can't rejoin for around 10 days. As you know I'm no both websites and I like both of them (for the content as well as users at each). Sorry, but I can't agree with people over there are watching over here. There was a joke by Lucky Dan (who was a common user at the TCM forum), about that, but again, he was joking.
I hope you don't think I'm "watching over here"; I'm just letting you know TB said your welcome to re-establish your account.
When we were all at TCM, there were posters who referred to other film websites they were on, and there was some cross pollination. I don't see any conflict with being on here and at the other place, or mentioning one on the other, or people looking at both.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

I see nothing wrong with talking about other forums either. I have an account with 2 Apple related forums. I do prefer one over the other. Funny how I'm not a Mac person but do have an iPad. I prefer Android and mostly post in a section that is about alternatives to Apple's iPhone and iPad. If I post about Apple products, someone is bound to disagree with me. It mostly goes okay.