Humorous Memes

Chit-chat, current events
Masha

Humorous Memes

Post by Masha »

I wish this to be a thread to innocently provoke quick smiles or thought. Please do not post any political, racist or religious material.
Please do not post Tweets, Facebook screencaps, YouTube videos or other material which links outside this forum. You are free to create your own thread if you feel the need to post such things.

Last edited by Masha on February 14th, 2024, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
LostHorizons

Re: Memes

Post by LostHorizons »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

sagebrush

Post by sagebrush »

Masha wrote: November 19th, 2022, 1:47 pm Image
I have a funny story regarding this meme:
Many, many (many) years ago, I was preparing a very large batch of potato salad for a Labor Day picnic at the retirement home at which I worked. This is from a time before sanitary gloves were standard in food service, so we often washed our hands and then used our hands as spatulas.
I was wearing red acrylic nails because I had attended a wedding the day before. While stirring my potato salad with my hands,I suddenly became aware that the red nail on top of my right pinky was missing! I informed my supervisor, and we both spent the next five minutes parting the mound of potato salad, trying to find the nail. We couldn't, and my supervisor said "Just serve it. Maybe we'll see it as we're scooping it."
A few minutes later, one of the community residents approached us and excitedly showed us her bowl of potato salad. She said "I feel like I won the lottery. I am the only one at my table who got a red pimento in my potato salad." It was actually the acrylic fingernail she was showing us, although she didn't know it. My supervisor took her bowl and gave her a new one, promising there were more pimentos in the new scoop. :lol:
Masha

Post by Masha »

Last edited by Masha on November 24th, 2022, 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Masha wrote: November 20th, 2022, 3:10 pm Image
S's cat reminds me of women I have known. When I look at them they disappear. Is it me, or do they have a problem being observed?

The photo is a fraud. S' cat was in a metal box with no opening.

But if this is really the cat in question, why doesn't the box that's empty instead show a dead cat.

Thought problems. I'm disgusted with them. Had them in arithmetic in the sixth grade. Thoughts like these however are on a higher plain and are therefore trivialized by lack of foundation. Anyone got a cat? I have this experiment ....

:?
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

sagebrush wrote: November 20th, 2022, 10:15 am
Many, many (many) years ago, I was preparing a very large batch of potato salad for a Labor Day picnic at the retirement home at which I worked. This is from a time before sanitary gloves were standard in food service, so we often washed our hands and then used our hands as spatulas.
I was wearing red acrylic nails because I had attended a wedding the day before. While stirring my potato salad with my hands,I suddenly became aware that the red nail on top of my right pinky was missing! I informed my supervisor, and we both spent the next five minutes parting the mound of potato salad, trying to find the nail. We couldn't, and my supervisor said "Just serve it. Maybe we'll see it as we're scooping it."
A few minutes later, one of the community residents approached us and excitedly showed us her bowl of potato salad. She said "I feel like I won the lottery. I am the only one at my table who got a red pimento in my potato salad." It was actually the acrylic fingernail she was showing us, although she didn't know it. My supervisor took her bowl and gave her a new one, promising there were more pimentos in the new scoop. :lol:
I believe that you must count your blessings that it was found so easily.

My little Fuzzy uses blue Band-Aids. They are made for food service. He claims they have better adhesive which resists water so that they do not come off as readily as ordinary ones. They are blue because of the adage: "no food is blue" and so it is easy to find if it comes off while cooking.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

sagebrush

Post by sagebrush »

Masha wrote: November 21st, 2022, 8:56 pm
sagebrush wrote: November 20th, 2022, 10:15 am
I believe that you must count your blessings that it was found so easily.

My little Fuzzy uses blue Band-Aids. They are made for food service. He claims they have better adhesive which resists water so that they do not come off as readily as ordinary ones. They are blue because of the adage: "no food is blue" and so it is easy to find if it comes off while cooking.
Yes, food service safety has come a LONG way since those days with the missing acrylic fingernail (Thank goodness!)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Meme courtesy of the movie Ice Pirates (1984)
https://preview.redd.it/2fb1qyznqjt81.g ... 6b2bcbacf4