Umrah Hajj Packages

Chit-chat, current events
Dargo

Re: Umrah Hajj Packages

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: December 5th, 2022, 3:57 pm
Dargo wrote: December 5th, 2022, 3:30 pm Hmmm, now these pistachio biscuits you're ravin' about, are we talkin' in Pakistan or in Pismo Beach here my dear???

(...and 'cause the last time I made the CORRECT toin at Albakoikee and ended up in Pismo Beach, the only thing I remember about it was all the clams I could eat!) :wink:
Pakistan. I have never been but I was quite good friends with a pilot who flew there regularly and would bring back as large a sack of them as he dared. It was something of a mark of his favoritism if he shared them with me first rather than any of the young ladies who were constantly chasing him.

I am sorry to have to tell you that I do not believe Pismo Beach is a real place. I am sure that it is mythical and the name was created as a shortening of: Pepto Bismol to provide a touch of light humor in comedy shorts and cartoons. I believe that I do not want it to exist as the mental image of the combination of beach and diarrhea is not the sort of thing which I wish to embrace.
Oh, it's a real place alright, my dear! Have stopped there a few times and have passed by it many a time while in my car or on one of motorcycles traveling along the Pacific Coast Hwy and when I still resided in SoCal...
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: December 7th, 2022, 2:09 pm
Oh, it's a real place alright, my dear! Have stopped there a few times and have passed by it many a time while in my car or on one of motorcycles traveling along the Pacific Coast Hwy and when I still resided in SoCal...
I feel that is all well and good but you have yet to prove to me that you are not a pigment of my intoxication. I only see posts from you when I have consumed a glass or two or three of vodka. There remains the possibility that you are my own personal pink elephant.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: December 7th, 2022, 2:40 pm
I feel that is all well and good but you have yet to prove to me that you are not a pigment of my intoxication. I only see posts from you when I have consumed a glass or two or three of vodka. There remains the possibility that you are my own personal pink elephant.
LOL

Uh-huh, and yet another example here of why I really miss those reaction emojis we had over at TCM.com!
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

HEY, and btw...how's the house comin' along lately?

(...or is this the reason for you bein' three-sheets-to-the-wind today?) ;)
laffite

Post by laffite »

Dargo wrote: December 7th, 2022, 3:00 pm
LOL

Uh-huh, and yet another example here of why I really miss those reaction emojis we had over at TCM.com!
Yeah, i would have put a laughie a Masha's previous post to you. Despite being an interloper in the conversation.
Winter
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: December 7th, 2022, 3:25 pm
The major project at the moment is installing a door between the laundry room and the garage so that one does not have to go through spare/storage/unwelcome-guest room to reach garage. Removing ugly painted paneling revealed that it had been installed to hide water damage and mold on drywall underneath. Removing this entails drenching the area with hydrogen peroxide, donning respirator, face shield, and latex gloves and removing what is wet directly into demolition sacks. I do not know if you will be surprised that this is not fun. It is so much not fun that it has taken four days to remove most of it despite the area being less than a full sheet of drywall. I expect it to need one or two days more. That is not taking into account that procrastination is at full speed and I do not work on it every day.

It does not bode well also for what we might find when we begin to replace the bathtub.
It is not just today. Vodka for breakfast is perfectly acceptable for any adult.

jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Masha wrote: December 7th, 2022, 4:12 pm
The major project at the moment is installing a door between the laundry room and the garage so that one does not have to go through spare/storage/unwelcome-guest room to reach garage. Removing ugly painted paneling revealed that it had been installed to hide water damage and mold on drywall underneath. Removing this entails drenching the area with hydrogen peroxide, donning respirator, face shield, and latex gloves and removing what is wet directly into demolition sacks. I do not know if you will be surprised that this is not fun. It is so much not fun that it has taken four days to remove most of it despite the area being less than a full sheet of drywall. I expect it to need one or two days more. That is not taking into account that procrastination is at full speed and I do not work on it every day.

It does not bode well also for what we might find when we begin to replace the bathtub.
It is not just today. Vodka for breakfast is perfectly acceptable for any adult.

I'm moving to Finland!
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: December 7th, 2022, 4:12 pm

Oooh, mold eh?! Well, I suppose this does often come with the purchase of older homes. Still though, glad to hear you and your little fuzzy are takin' care o' business and making your home a healthier environment.

So, are you guys going to redo the entire bathroom or just the tub?

(...btw...I take it the "Ukrainian Breakfast" version of this Finnish one has a very similar recipe)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: December 7th, 2022, 8:38 pm
The tub is first. It dates to a time of extreme water conservation. It is so deep and so narrow that it is very difficult to climb out of it. Imagine laying on your bed and standing up in the same spot while never canting your leg to the side and not having any handholds. My little Fuzzy's shoulders touch both sides. It feels narrow even as a shower.

We will first build a wall sixteen inches away from the existing wall beside the length of the tub. We will then remove the tub and existing wall. This is to accommodate a tub of standard width which sits nearly nine inches back from the existing one's front edge. This is necessary because stage two is to replace the doorway. It is insane that all interior doors are thirty-two inches wide except the one to the bathroom which is twenty inches only.

We will be moving the doorway back two feet also to provide space between door and tub alcove for a cabinet. There is none now.

Stage three will be moving the water closet. It currently sits at the back of an alcove five feet deep. I can see plainly from a construction standpoint why it was put there but it is ridiculous to live with in real life.

Vanity, lights, fan and heated floor will be changed when it seems most beneficial.

(...btw...I take it the "Ukrainian Breakfast" version of this Finnish one has a very similar recipe)
No coffee, more vodka and a minimum of three cigarettes.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: December 7th, 2022, 9:40 pm
The tub is first. It dates to a time of extreme water conservation. It is so deep and so narrow that it is very difficult to climb out of it. Imagine laying on your bed and standing up in the same spot while never canting your leg to the side or having any handholds. My little Fuzzy's shoulders touch both sides. It feels narrow even as a shower.

We will first build a wall sixteen inches away from the existing wall beside the length of the tub. We will then remove the tub and existing wall. This is to accommodate a tub of standard width which sits nearly nine inches back from the existing one's front edge. This is necessary because stage two is to replace the doorway. It is insane that all interior doors are thirty-two inches wide except the one to the bathroom which is twenty inches only.

We will be moving the doorway back two feet also to provide space between door and tub alcove for a cabinet. There is none now.

Stage three will be moving the water closet. It currently sits at the back of an alcove five feet deep. I can see plainly from a construction standpoint why it was put there but it is ridiculous to live with in real life.

Vanity, lights, fan and heated floor will be changed when it seems most beneficial.

No coffee, more vodka and a minimum of three cigarettes.
Wow! A "twenty inch wide door"? Gotta say I don't think I've ever even seen a door THAT narrow. Yeah, that baby's gotta go.

(...what...did Karen Carpenter once own your home???)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: December 7th, 2022, 9:55 pm
Wow! A "twenty inch wide door"? Gotta say I don't think I've ever even seen a door THAT narrow. Yeah, that baby's gotta go.

(...what...did Karen Carpenter once own your home???)
The neighbor reports that the house has been owned by young couples twice in the last thirty-some years. Both sold and moved when the wife became in a family way. I have no proof but I am sure that that doorway carries a hefty share of the blame.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Wow! Good luck with that renovation!
Luckily, everything in my house is original (1910) including the free standing cast iron tub-it's the way to go since it's not part of any walls. Only it weighs about 800 lbs, so replacing it isn't really an option. I've seen idiot renovators throw these out the window to avoid carrying down stairs. Dumb. You can't replace that kind of quality with any modern made tub.
I even installed a vintage cast iron tub in my Adirondack Camp.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

The spam problem at TCM seemed to be fixed when TCM disabled the ability of posting from outside the United States. Since I travel to London a few times a year, when TCM did that, I was no longer able to post from abroad. Recently, since I now use my American phone in London, I discovered that I was able to access the TCM site from my phone, but not from my laptop, which uses WiFi in the flat where I stay.

This site is accessible from abroad, via foreign servers, which may be part of the problem.