I Just Watched...

Discussion of programming on TCM.
kingrat

Re: I Just Watched...

Post by kingrat »

We just watched "The Case of the Treacherous Toupee" on Perry Mason. Season 4, Episode 1. William Talman is back as Hamilton Burger, so the team is reunited. And who is that handsome young man playing the no-good stepson? Why, none other than Robert Redford. What a treat.
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

anyone who's trying to watch "DEAD MEN...." on TCM....
I'M SEEING THE END OF ''CARNIVAL' which shoulda ended over an hour ago??????
(I'M watching with DTV)
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :roll: :smiley_huh:
was "mr6666" @ TCM
cmovieviewer

Post by cmovieviewer »

ziggy6708a wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 7:49 pm anyone who's trying to watch "DEAD MEN...." on TCM....
I'M SEEING THE END OF ''CARNIVAL' which shoulda ended over an hour ago??????
(I'M watching with DTV)
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :roll: :smiley_huh:
Something happened with Dead Men - they had 9 minutes of blank screen before Ben's wrap-up. Then they started showing Carnival Story again to fill the time before the next film (hopefully the premiere of Dirty Rotten...)
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

show a bunch of :twisted: posts in their FB page...so it's NOT the provider, it's TCM's screw-up :oops: :headbang:
too bad...was looking forward to that one :(
hopefully it'll show up on watch TCM ........maybe :roll:
was "mr6666" @ TCM
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

:roll: :smiley_huh:
was "mr6666" @ TCM
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

ziggy6708a wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 8:36 pm
:roll: :smiley_huh:
a twitter post from TCM....
"TCM
@tcm
·
2m
We are sincerely sorry tonight’s airing of DEAD MEN DON’T WEAR PLAID (‘82) was interrupted due to an engineering issue.

Our teams are working to resolve the issue.

Thank you for your patience."
:smiley_huh:
was "mr6666" @ TCM
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

well, at least we have...... :|

:smilie_happy_thumbup:
was "mr6666" @ TCM
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

What a fiasco.
cmovieviewer

Post by cmovieviewer »

ziggy6708a wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 8:15 pm show a bunch of :twisted: posts in their FB page...so it's NOT the provider, it's TCM's screw-up :oops: :headbang:
Amazingly enough, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid has indeed been posted to WatchTCM. That's some consolation if you have the service.
umop apisdn

Post by umop apisdn »

cmovieviewer wrote: May 4th, 2024, 1:21 am
ziggy6708a wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 8:15 pm show a bunch of :twisted: posts in their FB page...so it's NOT the provider, it's TCM's screw-up :oops: :headbang:
Amazingly enough, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid has indeed been posted to WatchTCM. That's some consolation if you have the service.
Small mercies. I was sitting through a black screen hoping it would be on WatchTCM since I use that all the time. Thanks for the heads up!
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

CinemaInternational wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 10:48 pm

In the Cut (2003) was one of the biggest cinematic scandals of the early 2000s. There is a lot of nudity. It has some of Lorna's most hated film people all on one film (Mark Ruffalo, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Jane Campion).
no lies detected on JJL or Miss Campion, BUT...I was literally thinking the other day of how POOR THINGS represented a perfect triune of examples in terms of ACTING ON FILM (whatever that is anymore): with EMMA STONE you had a performance so gutsy and so daring and so successful you HAD to applaud it even if you hated the film; with RUFFALO- it was, yes, a BAD PERFORMANCE, but maybe moreso a failed performance that nonetheless was executed with some guts and some technique- the soufflee just didn't rise, but you HAVE to again, applaud the effort AND RECOGNIZE THAT THE performer doing it is not doing it without brains and skill (see also: LIZ TAYLOR in VIRGINIA WOOLF or BRENDA BLETHYN in LITTLE VOICE)

...but then there was JERROD CARMICHAEL, a stand-up comedian who has recently made the news for behaving really badly on a new REALITY SHOW (Didn't know who he was until I read a PAJIBA article and then read the comments, many of which mentioned how terrible he was in POOR THINGS, that I was like "OH THAT GUY???! YEAH HE WAS TERRIBLE!!!!" His is just a bad performance by someone who is obviously a novice and it should have been cut from the film because DAMN he just WRECKS all 8-12ish minutes of scrteentime he has and he especially effs up a MAJOR SCENE
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

kingrat wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 6:50 pm We just watched "The Case of the Treacherous Toupee" on Perry Mason. Season 4, Episode 1. William Talman is back as Hamilton Burger, so the team is reunited. And who is that handsome young man playing the no-good stepson? Why, none other than Robert Redford. What a treat.
yES! I watched this too!!!

Also noticed ROBERT REDFORD.

Man, every CASTING OFFICE in LA had a STANDING ORDER every week for YOUNG, BLONDE, ARYAN MEN to be boxed and shipped to THE PERRY MASON STAGE on THE FOX LOT: C.O.D.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Oregon has a brothel in it!
Yesterday afternoon, Hallmark Mystery showed "Trouble In Eden."
(Murder, She Wrote)
In the dialog, a lady said she went down to Medford.
I'm suspecting the town of Eden, Oregon is somewhere near Roseburg in the middle of the state.
Once again, Jessica Fletcher pretends to be someone else and doesn't get away with it.
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

JAWS (1975) Are there different cuts of this film? Does Mrs Kintner slap or spit?

CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

It is on Watch TCM now for the next two weeks, and a lot of the commenters on Facebook now sound forgiving, but it was still an extremely awkward occasion, especially since I thought that they would cut one of the films later in the night to make room for it (they didn't, although it gave me an opportunity to rewatch Pennies from Heaven in several years given that I missed the earlier screening this week.)