Noir Alley Dec. 10/11

ElCid

Noir Alley Dec. 10/11

Post by ElCid »

The feature this week will be Walk Softly, Stranger (1950) with joseph Cotton, Alida Valley, Spring Byington. Comes on at 12:15 on Saturday night.

The posts from the other Noir Alley sites did not migrate. But if we focus only on this page it should correct itself in the future. Apologize for the continued confusion.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
Hoganman1

Re: Noir Alley Dec. 10/11

Post by Hoganman1 »

We'll eventually figure out where to post. I'm just glad so many have migrated here and to Top Billed's site.
laffite

Post by laffite »

kingrat wrote: December 11th, 2022, 8:04 pm Did the rest of you consider Walk Softly, Stranger to be noir? Despite the crime and the occasional shadow, this is more romantic drama with a crime subplot. Robert Stevenson's direction is, except for the climax of the film, rather pedestrian. A couple of the over-the-shoulder back and forth shots were downright awkward. Nice work by Joseph Cotten, Alida Valli, Esther Dale, and especially Paul Stewart. Eddie praised him highly in the outdo, and I agree.

In an actual film noir, the commission of the crime would be a major scene, which it isn't here.
If Eddie says it's noir, then it's noir. King Noir speaks! It's ironic because he schedules it as noir and refers to it as noir, but to take your point, he lambasts the ending which he feels is not noir. Well, it was supposed to be noir.

King Rat, we are not supposed to be posting to this Noir Alley thread. The other one is where all the action is. Somehow two came to be and it be good if Admin deleted this one.
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

It was sorta border line. Surprised to see no discussion of it or am I missing it? I didn't like it.
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

Go to the TCM section of Board Index and then go to Noir Alley thread. Do not use the one that says Noir Alley 10/11 as that was about a specific, past date only. Also, do not use the one that says Noir Alley on TCM.
That should work.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Could this be any more confusing?? I don't see any discussion going on ANYWHERE!!!
laffite

Post by laffite »

Hibi wrote: December 12th, 2022, 5:09 pm Could this be any more confusing?? I don't see any discussion going on ANYWHERE!!!
At first there were three. Then there were two. This one here should be deleted. Then we will have one. The one you posted on previously.
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country