SPOILERS!

KayFrancis

Re: SPOILERS!

Post by KayFrancis »

EP Millstone wrote: April 7th, 2023, 7:15 pm To save his community . . . to save humanity . . . to save the world . . . he must think of a brick wall!
One of my favorites, George Sanders thinking so intently on the brick wall in Village of the Damned
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

KayFrancis wrote: April 7th, 2023, 7:26 pm One of my favorites, George Sanders thinking so intently on the brick wall in Village of the Damned
Correct, KayFrancis!

You're up!
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

From her hospital bed, a woman admits that she murdered the man she was in love with, the confession frees the innocent woman who was arrested for the murder.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

KayFrancis wrote: April 8th, 2023, 5:02 am From her hospital bed, a woman admits that she murdered the man she was in love with, the confession frees the innocent woman who was arrested for the murder.
Clue, please.
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

The innocent woman receives a letter from the soldier she is engaged to, in the letter he writes that he's fallen in love with someone else and breaks their engagement.
Broken hearted. she accepts a date with a serial womanizer, although she doesn't know about his bad reputation.
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

The 1st clue was the Spoiler, the 2nd clue and all the next clues will be scenes that took place before the Spoiler

The innocent woman meets him in a restaurant for their date. He orders very strong cocktails, she is drunk. She goes to his apartment and passes out.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

KayFrancis wrote: April 10th, 2023, 6:18 am The 1st clue was the Spoiler, the 2nd clue and all the next clues will be scenes that took place before the Spoiler

The innocent woman meets him in a restaurant for their date. He orders very strong cocktails, she is drunk. She goes to his apartment and passes out.
Aaah, I think I've got it here now, Kay...

'The Blue Gardenia'
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Dargo wrote: April 10th, 2023, 5:33 pm
KayFrancis wrote: April 10th, 2023, 6:18 am The 1st clue was the Spoiler, the 2nd clue and all the next clues will be scenes that took place before the Spoiler

Aaah, I think I've got it here now, Kay...

'The Blue Gardenia'
Yes, The Blue Gardenia, Anne Baxter, Raymond Burr, Ann Sothern, Richard Conte. Nat King Cole is heard throughout the film singing the theme song
Your thread Dargo
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

The three main characters meet again after seven years. One of them (a person possessive of questionable ethics) during those ensuing years has gone on to the heights of their common profession.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Dargo wrote: April 10th, 2023, 6:35 pm The three main characters meet again after seven years. One of them (a person possessive of questionable ethics) during those ensuing years has gone on to the heights of their common profession.
skimpole wrote: April 11th, 2023, 2:43 am The Bad and the Beautiful? Probably not.
Nope, sorry skimpole. Good try, though. And so the next clue to come here is:

There's a bit of a love triangle situation that goes on during the course of this movie, but one of the men in said triangle never really stands a chance in gaining the affections of the woman in it and against his smoother and more handsome (and as earlier stated, he of questionable ethics) rival.

(...and as a bonus clue...the actor who plays the character that doesn't stand a chance with the female lead and even though she likes and respects him quite a bit, is primarily known for playing comic roles, and thus this film not being strictly a straight drama)
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Dargo wrote: April 12th, 2023, 1:10 am
Dargo wrote: April 10th, 2023, 6:35 pm The three main characters meet again after seven years. One of them (a person possessive of questionable ethics) during those ensuing years has gone on to the heights of their common profession.
skimpole wrote: April 11th, 2023, 2:43 am The Bad and the Beautiful? Probably not.
Nope, sorry skimpole. Good try, though. And so the next clue to come here is:

There's a bit of a love triangle situation that goes on during the course of this movie, but one of the men in said triangle never really stands a chance in gaining the affections of the woman in it and against his smoother and more handsome (and as earlier stated, he of questionable ethics) rival.

(...and as a bonus clue...the actor who plays the character that doesn't stand a chance with the female lead and even though she likes and respects him quite a bit, is primarily known for playing comic roles, and thus this film not being strictly a straight drama)
Do we need another clue here?
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Yes. The actor who usually does more comic roles makes me think of Jack Carson. Need more clues
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

KayFrancis wrote: April 12th, 2023, 3:48 pm Yes. The actor who usually does more comic roles makes me think of Jack Carson. Need more clues
The comic actor is a little more modern than Jack Carson, Kay.

(...I suppose it could be said his heyday was in the 1980s and '90s, but he's stll active today)
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Broadcast News?
Watching until the end.