Familiar faces, new forum

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
txfilmfan

Re: Familiar faces, new forum

Post by txfilmfan »

Lomm wrote: December 13th, 2022, 10:28 am
Lomm wrote: December 13th, 2022, 10:25 amRight now I'm looking to see if there's a way to not show the moderators at the top of every post/forum.
And they're off. :)
Personally, I think it looks a lot better now.

Thanks!
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Lomm wrote: December 13th, 2022, 10:37 am ALSO...I enabled multiple pages of the "recent topics" feature...meaning that you won't have to dig into the separate forums to see the past several days of recent topics. I think this is basically the same as going to "active topics" through the menu, so that's not really necessary now. I hope this makes things easier to navigate around here now!
Thanks for doing all of this, Lomm.

(...it's much appreciated)
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Thanks, Lomm. It's all very appreciated!
Watching until the end.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Lomm wrote: December 13th, 2022, 10:25 amRight now I'm looking to see if there's a way to not show the moderators at the top of every post/forum.
We have known for all time that they are but that is what makes them fun. It is generally not considered polite to call them that. I believe 'sanity-challenged' is the current term.

Oh ... wait ... you mean ...

Sorry. Please disregard this post.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Masha

Post by Masha »

Hibi wrote: December 12th, 2022, 4:57 pm Judging from the traffic on ClassicFilmTvRadio (38 members online in the last 24 hrs) it seems to be putting SSO to shame. WHAT happened? We have 9 members listed!
I believe that you failed to convert from miles per hour to furlongs per fortnight.

The 'thirty-eight members online' is the total for twenty-four hours. The 'nine members listed' is activity in the last five minutes.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: December 13th, 2022, 11:30 am
We have known for all time that they are but that is what makes them fun. It is generally not considered polite to call them that. I believe 'sanity-challenged' is the current term.

Oh ... wait ... you mean ...

Sorry. Please disregard this post.
And thus the very reason every legal contract should have a sanity clause contained within it.

(...forget what Chico says about this)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 12:01 pm And thus the very reason every legal contract should have a sanity clause contained within it.
I am quite sure that complicates matters greatly because one party to the contract will surely say at some point: "I was crazy to sign that".
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: December 13th, 2022, 12:12 pm
Dargo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 12:01 pm And thus the very reason every legal contract should have a sanity clause contained within it.
I am quite sure that complicates matters greatly because one party to the contract will surely say at some point: "I was crazy to sign that".
And exactly what I told the judge that one time, but he told me my excuse was irrelevant.

That's when I told him I once shot one of those in my pajamas.

(...he still wasn't impressed with my argument, and ended up ruling for the guy who was suing me)
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Masha wrote: December 13th, 2022, 12:01 pm
Hibi wrote: December 12th, 2022, 4:57 pm Judging from the traffic on ClassicFilmTvRadio (38 members online in the last 24 hrs) it seems to be putting SSO to shame. WHAT happened? We have 9 members listed!
I believe that you failed to convert from miles per hour to furlongs per fortnight.

The 'thirty-eight members online' is the total for twenty-four hours. The 'nine members listed' is activity in the last five minutes.
That's better then! How do you find out how many in the past 24 hrs?
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Hibi wrote: December 13th, 2022, 2:43 pm

Actually here Hibi, by going to and using the following SSO function...

http://silverscreenoasis.com/oasis3/mem ... ?start=350

...I counted 67 new members (most of whom I recognized as being members of the old TCM.com boards) who have become members of SSO since TCM announced its closure, and starting with our friend EP Millstone when he joined up on Oct 20, 2022.
Fedya

Post by Fedya »

Dargo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 12:01 pm
And thus the very reason every legal contract should have a sanity clause contained within it.

What does Harpo say about it?
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Fedya wrote: December 13th, 2022, 4:08 pm
Dargo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 12:01 pm

What does Harpo say about it?
"HONK HONK!"

(...of course) ;)
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Dargo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 3:03 pm

...I counted 67 new members (most of whom I recognized as being members of the old TCM.com boards) who have become members of SSO since TCM announced its closure, and starting with our friend EP Millstone when he joined up on Oct 20, 2022.
I've checked there before. But how to know who's been online in a 24 hr period?
BunnyWhit

Post by BunnyWhit »

Masha wrote: December 13th, 2022, 12:12 pm

Would that be the " arty of the irst art"?
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Hibi wrote: December 13th, 2022, 4:50 pm
Dargo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 3:03 pm

I've checked there before. But how to know who's been online in a 24 hr period?
Sorry, that I don't know, Hibi.

Ya see, the only reason I posted this was because I thought I remembered an earlier conversation (perhaps in another of these kinds of threads regarding new SSO memebership around here) in which I thought you stated there were only a very small number of former TCM.com regulars who migrated here and as compared to the number who decided to join TB's new website and which I recall as being a much larger number.

However and due to your question here, perhaps I was mistaken about this and that the aforementioned conversation I remembered reading was actually about the relative number of people being online at these two websites at any given time or during any specific length of time and such as in the case of a 24 hour duration.

(...is that correct?)
Last edited by Dargo on December 13th, 2022, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.