POLL: Do you want a Like button? Poll has ended!

Do you want a Like button?

Poll ended at December 22nd, 2022, 2:45 pm

YES, I want a Like button.
60%
NO, I do not want a Like button.
40%

Total votes: 25

Thompson

Re: POLL: Do you want a Like button?

Post by Thompson »

We are getting closer, Hibi, the anti-button movement is starting to catch on. No more buttons, we don’t care if they’re stolen, if they’re phony, if they are sewn on again, or if they cost 38 cents like Dargo says. We don’t like ‘em and we’re against ‘em and we are starting the anti-button movement NOW!
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

I'm glad that Lavender's here now, as KayFrancis, but where is the Princess of Tap?
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I think Canadian people are against buttons, I’ve heard they don’t care for buttons at all, I imagine Miss W. is against ‘em but you never know, there’s always a button lover hiding in the wood shed.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I think it’s about time she came out to play.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Likes are in the lead! :D
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

This was always a small home grown site. (I even owned it for a time when I inherited it.) Started in the days of trouble at TCM (2007) we wanted to get out of that world and be the small group who talked about the same things, and that was movies. For years we were pretty active among the regulars. Some great discussions were had. Some members found us too small, I think, and moved on or back over to TCM. Some may not have found us at all. (We had no way to compete with nor any desire to compete with TCM.)

I think things went to Facebook when Facebook was hot stuff. People started groups and could showcase their interests while they were doing other things there. As more migrated, this became an even smaller group. We couldn't have the discussions we had here but maybe some of it was getting a little routine. At one time I thought we might just archive the place, that way we could have the benefit of its contents but not worry about the upkeep. (Not even sure that was possible.)

Even now we moderators (Moira Finnie, RIP) are still very part time and a still very small group doing it because we love movies. A special thanks for Lomm and his technical knowledge and dedication. Without it all of you would have been here about a day. With the influx of new people, which is wonderful, we are playing catch up.

And that is my take.

Enjoy the site and have fun with each other.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Cuthbert wrote: December 13th, 2022, 7:28 pm I'm glad that Lavender's here now, as KayFrancis, but where is the Princess of Tap?
Missing! (Like so many others)
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

movieman1957 wrote: December 14th, 2022, 11:27 am This was always a small home grown site. (I even owned it for a time when I inherited it.) Started in the days of trouble at TCM (2007) we wanted to get out of that world and be the small group who talked about the same things, and that was movies. For years we were pretty active among the regulars. Some great discussions were had. Some members found us too small, I think, and moved on or back over to TCM. Some may not have found us at all. (We had no way to compete with nor any desire to compete with TCM.)

I think things went to Facebook when Facebook was hot stuff. People started groups and could showcase their interests while they were doing other things there. As more migrated, this became an even smaller group. We couldn't have the discussions we had here but maybe some of it was getting a little routine. At one time I thought we might just archive the place, that way we could have the benefit of its contents but not worry about the upkeep. (Not even sure that was possible.)

Even now we moderators (Moira Finnie, RIP) are still very part time and a still very small group doing it because we love movies. A special thanks for Lomm and his technical knowledge and dedication. Without it all of you would have been here about a day. With the influx of new people, which is wonderful, we are playing catch up.

And that is my take.

Enjoy the site and have fun with each other.
LIKE!
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Thompson wrote: December 13th, 2022, 7:25 pm We are getting closer, Hibi, the anti-button movement is starting to catch on. No more buttons, we don’t care if they’re stolen, if they’re phony, if they are sewn on again, or if they cost 38 cents like Dargo says. We don’t like ‘em and we’re against ‘em and we are starting the anti-button movement NOW!
ANTI is so over! Like old fogies, you are dying out! LOL. PRO is the future. ANTI is the past! Onward.

Buttons/keys run the world!
Last edited by Hibi on December 14th, 2022, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Hibi wrote: December 14th, 2022, 12:40 pm
Thompson wrote: December 13th, 2022, 7:25 pm We are getting closer, Hibi, the anti-button movement is starting to catch on. No more buttons, we don’t care if they’re stolen, if they’re phony, if they are sewn on again, or if they cost 38 cents like Dargo says. We don’t like ‘em and we’re against ‘em and we are starting the anti-button movement NOW!
ANTI is so over! Like old fogies, you are dying out! LOL.
:smiley_cheer:
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

movieman1957 wrote: December 14th, 2022, 11:27 am . . . Even now we moderators (Moira Finnie, RIP) are still very part time and a still very small group doing it because we love movies. A special thanks for Lomm and his technical knowledge and dedication. Without it all of you would have been here about a day. With the influx of new people, which is wonderful, we are playing catch up . . .
Thank you for your take, movieman1957!

I completely understand about the SSO support team voluntarily maintaining, administrating, moderating, and technically supporting this site. I can well imagine that the challenges the team has dealing with the deluge of new members and the tidal wave of our ideas, proposals, suggestions, wants, desires, and requests are considerable and perhaps overwhelming.

Though I'm past "retirement age," I'm still in The Rat Race. Had I more time and energy, I'd offer to pitch in to try and lighten the teams' workload and ease team members' stress. FWIW, I immensely appreciate the teams' time, efforts, patience, receptiveness and responsiveness, and stewardship! Hang in there (please!), hang ten, and . . .

Ride the wild surf, Dude! Cowabunga!

POLL: Do you want a Like button?
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Cuthbert wrote: December 14th, 2022, 12:48 pm
Hibi wrote: December 14th, 2022, 12:40 pm
ANTI is so over! Like old fogies, you are dying out! LOL.
:smiley_cheer:
So you're Swithin? Didn't realize.
laffite

Post by laffite »

>>>>Had I more time and energy, I'd offer to pitch in to try and lighten the teams' workload and ease team members' stress.

I'm not campaigning for you, however you would be a fine candidate.
"Desire" (1936)
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

Hibi wrote: December 14th, 2022, 10:47 am Likes are in the lead! :D
By 2 votes. :lol: Appears the overwhelming "vote" is people either like it like it is (no button) or don't care.

Maybe just need to take time off until after Jan 1 with no suggestions on how to change this board. Some suggestions have been helpful and welcomed by all, but this ain't one of them.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Considering how many posters are on here, 2 votes is pretty big! LOL.