POLL: Do you want a Like button? Poll has ended!

Do you want a Like button?

Poll ended at December 22nd, 2022, 2:45 pm

YES, I want a Like button.
60%
NO, I do not want a Like button.
40%

Total votes: 25

Hibi

Re: POLL: Do you want a Like button?

Post by Hibi »

Cuthbert wrote: December 13th, 2022, 10:09 am Forgive me for not having read all the comments here, I thought this was merely a "poll" thread. Is he dead? The comments sound like eulogies! In any case, I never found his arguments or comments to be particularly coherent. Even when I agreed with him, I thought his ability to be articulate was lacking.
No. He hasn't turned up here or at the other site, but he was posting till the end.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Miss W posted she was coming. Dunno what her problem is. I miss Cigar Joe. :(
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Hibi wrote: December 13th, 2022, 11:56 am
No. He hasn't turned up here or at the other site, but he was posting till the end.
Vautrin said he was going to take a break until after the holidays and then try it out here, maybe.

I feel kind of bad for bringing him up just to make a joke, and then he got dragged a bit. I usually thought he was amusing.
Watching until the end.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Cigar Joe is on Facebook I think. He mentioned and sent a link when news of the demise arrived. He needs to come over here. Like Van says, “Why you on Facebook?”
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

LawrenceA wrote: December 13th, 2022, 12:23 pm
Vautrin said he was going to take a break until after the holidays and then try it out here, maybe.

I feel kind of bad for bringing him up just to make a joke, and then he got dragged a bit. I usually thought he was amusing.
I've amended my comments about Vautrin.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Cuthbert wrote: December 13th, 2022, 1:11 pm

Don't think that was really necessary, Cuthbert. And the same goes for your bad feeling here as well, Lawrence.

Ya see, because I never got the feeling that Vautrin was thin-shinned at all nor inclined to take things personally to any great extent, I'll bet when and if he finally makes his presence known around here, he'll probably get a kick out of seeing his name having been brought up here at all.

(...the above aspect to his personally being one of the reasons I always liked the guy)
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Dargo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 1:46 pm
Cuthbert wrote: December 13th, 2022, 1:11 pm

Don't think that was really necessary, Cuthbert. And the same goes for your bad feeling here as well, Lawrence.

Ya see, because I never got the feeling that Vautrin was thin-shinned at all nor inclined to take things personally to any great extent, I'll bet when and if he finally makes his presence known around here, he'll probably get a kick out of seeing his name having been brought up here at all.

(...the above aspect to his personally being one of the reasons I always liked the guy)

LIKE!!
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

LIKE!!
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Who needs a button.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Thompson wrote: December 13th, 2022, 4:33 pm Who needs a button.
I DO!

Lost it off my shirt and can't find it anywhere around here.

And yes, before you ask, I've already checked underneath the sofa cushions.

(...and so on the plus side, I now have 38 cents more than I thought I had)
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Thompson wrote: December 13th, 2022, 4:33 pm Who needs a button.
I've found a way around it for now. LOL!
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

The use of a button is one of those things that, those who want to use it, will be able to use it. Those who don't want to use it, don't have to.

Would it be so traumatic for those of you who don't want a button to see a few likes once in a while?
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Cuthbert wrote: December 13th, 2022, 6:08 pm The use of a button is one of those things that, those who want to use it, will be able to use it. Those who don't want to use it, don't have to.

Would it be so traumatic for those of you who don't want a button to see a few likes once in a while?
LOL

Well, evidently it WOULD, Cuthbert ol' boy! Or, at least some are makin' it sound like it would be, anyway.

(...hey, and speakin' of which, or should I say "and speakin' to whom" here...are you still over there in the land of the superfluous-u or are you back in the good ol' U.S. of A.?)
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Dargo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 6:26 pm
Cuthbert wrote: December 13th, 2022, 6:08 pm The use of a button is one of those things that, those who want to use it, will be able to use it. Those who don't want to use it, don't have to.

LOL

Well, evidently it WOULD, Cuthbert ol' boy! At least it sounds like it would be, anyway.

(...hey, and speakin' of which, or should I say "and speakin' to whom" here...are you still over there in the land of the superfluous-u or are you back in the good ol' U.S. of A.?)
I'm back, no longer in the land of the superfluous "u,", I'm now back in the city of the superfluous "youse."
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Cuthbert wrote: December 13th, 2022, 6:32 pm
Dargo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 6:26 pm

LOL

Well, evidently it WOULD, Cuthbert ol' boy! At least it sounds like it would be, anyway.

I'm back, no longer in the land of the superfluous "u,", I'm now back in the city of the superfluous "youse."
LOL

I love it!

(...welcome back)