In my own little world

Chit-chat, current events
Masha

In my own little world

Post by Masha »

I have a code in my nothe.

That is not quite true. I have a code ... er ... a cold but there is no nasal congestion and so my nothe ... nose is one of the few things which are working properly. It is an irksome collection of mild fever, chills, little cough, large headache and a feeling that I would sell my soul to be put into a bread-kneading machine for an hour.

The most irritating thing is that there is no objective reason that I can not still function at a respectable level and mark a few things off my to-do list. I am sorry to say that it is not going to happen. I alternate between sipping hot cocoa with rum and Nyquil and slipping into blessed unconsciousness. I would be asleep now if it were not for the garbage collection service being so enthusiastic with their 'we return the can' motto and letting the Herbie slam into the garage door. I believe they can not be blamed for that as it is likely icy out there.

The second most irritating thing is that my keyboard is making many more mistakes than usual. I hope all forgive any mispelings, gramer errors or if I leave any out. Blame it on the computer as I am at the top of my game.

My toenails ache. I fear to make a complete inventory because it will likely reveal more aches and pains than I have otherwise noted as of yet.

My "in sickness and in health" little Fuzzy is galivanting in the southeast. That is not quite true because I know precisely where he is because his credit card has been used for a room at a rather nice hotel. Their room service crab rangoon is quite good because they make it there rather than opening a packet as they do if you order it off the menu in their dining room. The fact that he has booked for three days means he has little hope of finding a flight soon. It is just as well that he is not here because he goes overboard trying to help when all I wish is to be left alone in my misery. It is also that he hates to feel useless and that is a burden to see.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
BunnyWhit

Re: In my own little world

Post by BunnyWhit »

Option 1. Get plenty of rest, stay warm, slurp some nourishing soup, and for heaven's sake keep up the cocoa and rum -- and you'll feel better in about a week.

-- or --

Option 2. You can do pretty much nothing (aside from suffer) -- and you'll feel better in about a week.

I recommend Option 1. Get well soon!
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Masha. Hope you feel better soon. My daughter is starting to get over a miserable cold I think I've been fighting it off but not feeling great. So far it's been a very cold winter here, although we've been spared a lot of snow. At any rate, hope you're feeling better asap.
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Hope your health is on the mend very soon.
LiamCasey

Post by LiamCasey »

Here's hoping your time being under the weather is a short one.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

I can never remember.

So is it, "Feed a cold, starve a fever" or "Starve a cold, feed a fever"???

(...well, however that's supposed to go, here's hopin' you're feelin' better very very soon, Marsha)
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

That being said, it’s not fair to be in pain, pain is the enemy. So I don’t wish no pain on nobody, but the result of pain is always the relief of pain. The brain does not accept pain very long, it will negate the pain receptors because pain is unacceptable to the brain. So, Masha, when that happens the pain will ease, and now you will feel free of the pain and high as a kite because the pain went away and you can’t believe it.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

You can breathe again. The body is a self-healing machine. It’s a machine that heals itself like The Rolling Stones write songs.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Masha

May your ills soon be gone. Think of when they will wane and fade away altogether. Tomorrow the sun will come shining through. Watch a fave movie and give it your undivided attention. Eat sparingly and drink tea.

---laffite
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Thompson wrote: December 29th, 2022, 8:15 pm That being said, it’s not fair to be in pain, pain is the enemy. So I don’t wish no pain on nobody, but the result of pain is always the relief of pain. The brain does not accept pain very long, it will negate the pain receptors because pain is unacceptable to the brain. So, Masha, when that happens the pain will ease, and now you will feel free of the pain and high as a kite because the pain went away and you can’t believe it.
Ya know Thompson my fair sir, IF you'd condense what you just said here a bit and THEN put it to music, you'd get...wait for it...

"The pain in brain goes quickly down the drain."

(...by Jove, I think you've got it)
Last edited by Dargo on December 29th, 2022, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Dargo wrote: December 29th, 2022, 10:13 pm
Thompson wrote: December 29th, 2022, 8:15 pm That being said, it’s not fair to be in pain, pain is the enemy. So I don’t wish no pain on nobody, but the result of pain is always the relief of pain. The brain does not accept pain very long, it will negate the pain receptors because pain is unacceptable to the brain. So, Masha, when that happens the pain will ease, and now you will feel free of the pain and high as a kite because the pain went away and you can’t believe it.
Ya know laffite my fair sir, IF you'd condense what you just said here a bit and THEN put it to music, you'd get...wait for it...

"The pain in brain goes quickly down the drain."

(...by Jove, I think you've got it)
You quoted Thompson, not Laffite.
:smiley_shades: :director: :smiley_clap:
Watching until the end.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

LawrenceA wrote: December 29th, 2022, 10:23 pm
Dargo wrote: December 29th, 2022, 10:13 pm
You quoted Thompson, not Laffite.
:smiley_shades: :director: :smiley_clap:
DOH!!! :headbang:

Thanks, Lawrence. :smilie_happy_thumbup:

(...I just corrected it)
laffite

Post by laffite »

With your last post, Dargo, you did not scroll far enough down. You merged your post with that of Lawrence. Wow, the quote problem will need continual study deserving. I have made my share of mistakes with it. And I may have made one here. Is that what happened?
scsu1975

Post by scsu1975 »

laffite wrote: December 29th, 2022, 11:16 pm With your last post, Dargo, you did not scroll far enough down. You merged your post with that of Lawrence. Wow, the quote problem will need continual study deserving. I have made my share of mistakes with it. And I may have made one here. Is that what happened?
I think we need a poll to determine if we should get rid of the quote function.
laffite

Post by laffite »

scsu1975 wrote: December 29th, 2022, 11:38 pm I think we need a poll to determine if we should get rid of the quote function.
I say try a desperate lunge for spontaneous acclamation. Another poll will surely mean civil war. Am I dreaming or was it some fairy tale when one could quote and get only one post, and it turned out to be the very one quoted? :smiley_chitchat: