In my own little world

Chit-chat, current events
Dargo

Re: In my own little world

Post by Dargo »

scsu1975 wrote: December 29th, 2022, 11:38 pm
laffite wrote: December 29th, 2022, 11:16 pm With your last post, Dargo, you did not scroll far enough down. You merged your post with that of Lawrence. Wow, the quote problem will need continual study deserving. I have made my share of mistakes with it. And I may have made one here. Is that what happened?
I think we need a poll to determine if we should get rid of the quote function.
LOL
Masha

Post by Masha »

BunnyWhit wrote: December 29th, 2022, 10:33 am Option 1. Get plenty of rest, stay warm, slurp some nourishing soup, and for heaven's sake keep up the cocoa and rum -- and you'll feel better in about a week.
-- or --
Option 2. You can do pretty much nothing (aside from suffer) -- and you'll feel better in about a week.

I recommend Option 1. Get well soon!
I thank you for your kind wishes. Campbells has several varieties of: "sipping soups". They come in a molded cup with a red cap and a metal lid. You remove the cap, remove the lid, nuke for one minute, replace the cap and sip. They are perfectly suited for a person who is ill in that they are nearly a sippy cup and so do not need the fine motor control or constant attention of a regular mug. This may sound quite unbelievable but it is routine to not spill a single drop even when an explosive sneeze surprises you.

The creamy tomato is quite tasty and soothing. The chicken varieties all have some form of pasta which is quite inedible.

This is my first major cold since moving here but we have learned from previous ones to keep a supply of these soups so that they are at hand when wanted rather than having to go to the store for them.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Masha

Post by Masha »

KayFrancis wrote: December 29th, 2022, 1:21 pm Masha. Hope you feel better soon. My daughter is starting to get over a miserable cold I think I've been fighting it off but not feeling great. So far it's been a very cold winter here, although we've been spared a lot of snow. At any rate, hope you're feeling better asap.
I thank you for your kind wishes. We are both susceptible to long colds: a few days of: "I may be coming down with something" followed by a few days of: "I have a little cold" followed by a week of: "Please put me out of my misery" and then trailing off to a week of recovery. We often synchronize with one or the other catching up with the other's stage so that we both have the worst of it together. I believe that he missed this one but I will not know for sure until he returns tomorrow for he has not mentioned it in his messages but he does tend to not talk of his health issues.
Masha

Post by Masha »

CinemaInternational wrote: December 29th, 2022, 3:04 pm Hope your health is on the mend very soon.
I thank you for your kind wishes. I hope to return to the fray very soon.
Masha

Post by Masha »

LiamCasey wrote: December 29th, 2022, 4:03 pm Here's hoping your time being under the weather is a short one.
I thank you for your kind wishes. I believe I may be at the end of the worst part.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: December 29th, 2022, 6:43 pm I can never remember.

So is it, "Feed a cold, starve a fever" or "Starve a cold, feed a fever"???

(...well, however that's supposed to go, here's hopin' you're feelin' better very very soon, Marsha)
I thank you for your kind wishes.
It is: "feed a cold and starve a fever" because of the Medieval belief that the human body is like a furnace and a cold means you need stoking up and a fever means you have to cut back on the fuel. This belief is so engrained that the values of both carrots and coal are measured in calories. Yeah! I have not lost the ability to be pedantic!

I am sorry to say that I know of no good advice when your cold presents with a fever.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Thompson wrote: December 29th, 2022, 6:54 pm Let’s see, I just might start a new discussion — Thompson’s moans and groans and trapped gas topic. Yeah, then I can post four or five long paragraphs of physical complaints that have nothing to do with nothing.
You are quite free to do so. That is what: General Chat means. It is much better to start a thread here for that purpose than to interject such things into other threads on other boards.
Masha

Post by Masha »

laffite wrote: December 29th, 2022, 10:03 pm Masha

May your ills soon be gone. Think of when they will wane and fade away altogether. Tomorrow the sun will come shining through. Watch a fave movie and give it your undivided attention. Eat sparingly and drink tea.

---laffite
I thank you for your kind wishes. I believe that I may have passed the worst stage. I actually had a bit of restful sleep! I remain completely and utterly useless but it does seem as if there will be an end to it someday.
Masha

Post by Masha »

laffite wrote: December 29th, 2022, 11:16 pm With your last post, Dargo, you did not scroll far enough down. You merged your post with that of Lawrence. Wow, the quote problem will need continual study deserving. I have made my share of mistakes with it. And I may have made one here. Is that what happened?
We surely do need one of your polls! They are one of the things which I feared might be lost forever.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Oh, you mean one of YOUR polls! :smilie_happy_thumbup: Reading Masha's post has bestirred my poor brain. By all means, do.
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
TheGayDivorceé

Post by TheGayDivorceé »

Oh, that sounds just awful. I'm very impressed that you not only were able to type it all out, but to be so amusing in your misery! May you feel better, and soon.
Come to my room in half an hour, and bring some rye bread.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Masha is a humorist, and a good one. I am a wannabe humorist and am not so successful. I keep writing them and posting them because I laugh so hard.
Masha

Post by Masha »

TheGayDivorceé wrote: December 30th, 2022, 4:52 pm Oh, that sounds just awful. I'm very impressed that you not only were able to type it all out, but to be so amusing in your misery! May you feel better, and soon.
I thank you for your kind wishes. My efforts here should not impress. It is all done for the sake of self-delusion. Typing seems productive and distracts me from the fact that I can not do real work such as installing the new three-way-switches in the laundry room or removing the tool hangers from the garage wall or the long list of little things which need doing. The fact that I can point to one thing which I 'accomplished' means that I was not the lifeless lump which I feel that I am. Making jokes is a basic defense reaction.
Masha

Post by Masha »

laffite wrote: December 30th, 2022, 7:51 pm Masha is a humorist, and a good one.
I have long been told that I am very funny.

It is fortunate that looks are not everything.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Masha wrote: December 31st, 2022, 12:54 am
laffite wrote: December 30th, 2022, 7:51 pm Masha is a humorist, and a good one.
I have long been told that I am very funny.

It is fortunate that looks are not everything.
AS I see you are up an around these last few minutes, is my post in ATYPICAL MOVIES appropriate to the theme of the thread. If not, I can move it. I can delete it so far as it has not been quoted.